TC Integrated Preamp kicks ass! Herbert Meshuggah Clip to celebrate --> SOUL BURN!!

• Thread starter Thread starter agentorange
  • Start date Start date
A
agentorange
HCAF crosspost!

I got my TC Electronics Integrated Preamp the other day from a dude on ebay. It arrived safe and sound and i was anxious to try it, having heard so much hype on the mesh forums and here. I didnt have the power supply, since the dude i bought it from never had one and theyre rarer than the unit itself, so after a disapointing start (it sounds pretty crap from the battery), i sourced a powersupply from maplins instead. I was fully expecting to plug it in and hear no difference and regret everything and want to sell it, but it fucking rocks. I didnt really hear the difference at first, but then i realised how much clearer my palm mutes were and how much definition it had. Id been getting this from the SD-1, but it was adding too much noise and lots of fizz to the sound and really making it sound more solid state.

So i did a meshuggah clip to celebrate, ive always dug this groove and i had a guitar pro of the drums, so i put it together when i got back from work today. Its not the tighest playing ive ever recorded, but ive been at work all day and im knackered so cut a brother some slack :)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=127874

What do you think? Converting to MP3 always seems to compress the highs a lot, but it still came out ok, despite soundclicks voodoo.

James

Sounds kickass! That CD has some of my fave tones ever as far as metal goes and your tone is killer as well. I really dig the tone on None. That might be fave metal tone ever.

Also, I think the TC Int Pre was what Scott Ian used through his 2210's on the SOD and Anthrax stuff circa '87...that tone is the shit too! :rawk:

>|<>QBB<
killertone":99783 said:
Sounds kickass! That CD has some of my fave tones ever as far as metal goes and your tone is killer as well. I really dig the tone on None. That might be fave metal tone ever.

Also, I think the TC Int Pre was what Scott Ian used through his 2210's on the SOD and Anthrax stuff circa '87...that tone is the shit too! :rawk:

cheers bud, i was always in awe of how tight they got their 7s to sound, it was definately a landmark record.

Its funny you should bring Anthrax up becuase Scott Ians tone on that album was fucking awsome. That was the first place where i heard of those TC pedals. The tone on spreading the disease was fucking amazing. Crunchy but tight as hell and just awsome in every way, the perfect thrash tone IMO. I think he may have used the LineDriver Boost pedal, which is different to mine, but im not sure. This was is just a boost, no distortion or anything like that

James

That sounds badass! Nice job. Where can I find one of those TC puppies?

i love scott's speak english or die tone. i remember when someone asked al from ministry about getting "heavier". *you have to remember that with sympathy era ministry was synth pop music and mind is a terrible thing to taste is industrial techno, they didnt really get heavy until land of rape and honey and got their now definitive minstry sound during psalm 69.
he said scott's tone on the sod album was his inspiration for the psalm guitar sound.

i've read conflicting stuff that says scott used the tc electronic ld/b+ pedal in front and/or in the loop.

*funny thing. i've never gone to the ultimate guitar forum, but read somewhere that they have some of the dumbest posts over there. saw someone asking how to get the s.o.d. guitar sound and someone replied thinking they were talking about system of a down. :lol:

>|<>QBB<
deluxemeat":af497 said:
i love scott's speak english or die tone. i remember when someone asked al from ministry about getting "heavier". *you have to remember that with sympathy era ministry was synth pop music and mind is a terrible thing to taste is industrial techno, they didnt really get heavy until land of rape and honey and got their now definitive minstry sound during psalm 69.
he said scott's tone on the sod album was his inspiration for the psalm guitar sound.

i've read conflicting stuff that says scott used the tc electronic ld/b+ pedal in front and/or in the loop.

*funny thing. i've never gone to the ultimate guitar forum, but read somewhere that they have some of the dumbest posts over there. saw someone asking how to get the s.o.d. guitar sound and someone replied thinking they were talking about system of a down. :lol:

judging by the tone he got, id guess it was in the front. By having a clean boost up front, it compresses your guitar signal so you can play with less gain but it still sounds saturated. Its really tight, but still crunchy.

I havent tried this one in the loop yet, but im sure its better in the front

James

>|<>QBB<
jaybird":88208 said:
That sounds badass! Nice job. Where can I find one of those TC puppies?

ebay is really the only option. I got mine purely by chance, the dude had mispelled tc electronic and i only found it becuase i spelt it wrong too, so no one found it. Thats why i got it for 80 rather than 180 quid! :)

James

I know this is different than the Int Pre but they are still badass and sound great.

http://www.tcelectronic.com/ClassicBoosterDistortion

>|<>QBB<
agentorange":c027e said:
>|<>QBB<

judging by the tone he got, id guess it was in the front. By having a clean boost up front, it compresses your guitar signal so you can play with less gain but it still sounds saturated. Its really tight, but still crunchy.

I havent tried this one in the loop yet, but im sure its better in the front

James

hey james one thing i've read was that scott was using the ld/b+ in dist mode, not boost mode and using it as an xtra gain stage. don't know how reliable that is. something to try though!

>|<>QBB<
killertone":c027e said:
I know this is different than the Int Pre but they are still badass and sound great.

http://www.tcelectronic.com/ClassicBoosterDistortion

i saw that. wonder how it compares to the original line driver/booster+.

My bandmate had a line driver/booster+ plus a 2203, and ran that rig for a while. I also ran the pedal with my 2204 and it sounded absolutely awesome. Perfect thrash tone.

I use a TC Electronic Booster/Line driver, one of the originals, number 924 actually. Combine that with my VoodooAmps Hex and its thrash heaven.

hey dude, howd you do the bass track? Some kind of VST instrument?

>|<>QBB<
redrol":3b0ee said:
hey dude, howd you do the bass track? Some kind of VST instrument?

i used the midi from a guitar pro file and put it into reason with a distorted bass sample. Black Neon Bob showed me how, youll need to ahem *aquire* a copy of reason, but beyond that its relatively straight forward. It really helps fill out a mix

James

I always mispell words and many time do in on purpose on ebay for that same reason. Ya never know

I've read alot of interviews where Scott says he used the CLEAN mode only, on the pedal. I've had one of these for almost 10 years now and clean mode is indeed alot clearer and tighter.

this soundclip did not load for me but your others do....

>|<>QBB<
thegame":d7683 said:
I've read alot of interviews where Scott says he used the CLEAN mode only, on the pedal. I've had one of these for almost 10 years now and clean mode is indeed alot clearer and tighter.

Yeah of course. THe clean mode is where its at. I just want to know scotts settings. Never did find out.

>|<>QBB<
black.shadow":5f3e1 said:
this soundclip did not load for me but your others do....

hey mang, heres another link to the clip, not sure if this will be any better?

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=127874&songID=5012175

James

>|<>QBB<
agentorange":9bf9f said:
>|<>QBB<

hey mang, heres another link to the clip, not sure if this will be any better?

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=127874&songID=5012175

James

woot awesomeness. sick tone. :fball:

Back