Tell me about the 1993 Marshall JCM-900 SL-X 2500 50 watt head.

• Thread starter Thread starter Samhain
  • Start date Start date
Samhain
Samhain
Banned
marshall-jcm-900-sl-x_big.jpg

I have nothing to add to this thread. 😁 Just wanted to say I’m following it because I’ve heard these amps are real sleepers. Curious what others here say.

Had the 100 watter, great amp. Super underrated.

Had a Gutierrez modded one that crushed. Wish I had kept it.

Had one, underrated.

Not as pleasant as a 2203 or Plexi or whatever

But much better than their reputation suggests

I love mine. Rock n Roll machine straight out of the box. Boost and its metal city. Not as much flat out balls as a 2204, but its still got a lot of balls. Only thing you won't get is a great clean channel but I have done well rolling back the volume/volume pedal. Mine needs to see an amp doctor in the Midwest though, need a bridge rectifier replaced and looked over (it's getting old)

Attachments

• 188E4000-645B-43FC-A098-E044F0AEBF17.jpeg
    188E4000-645B-43FC-A098-E044F0AEBF17.jpeg
    289.1 KB · Views: 59
Theyre not bad but lack tightness on the low E for serious metal. Responds well when playing on medium and high registers. Could be a decent mod platform maybe.

Owned a couple and still regret selling them, increasingly harder to find and pricey on the used market.

Supposed to be Marshall's take on the modded 2203. Good amount of gain on tap, all tube preamp path. Not as girthy as a 2203 but still a decent amount of low end. Overall, picture a thinner, slightly more compressed 2203 with a lot more gain. Not a bad amp at all.

Last edited:
JCM 900 MKIII 100 or 50 watt is a better amp IMO

Last edited:

Back