Tell me about the ADA MP-1

• Thread starter Thread starter T2Russo
  • Start date Start date
T2Russo
T2Russo
I recently purchased my first rack piece, a Replifex, and love the whole rack concept.

The ADA has caught my eye, as it seems cheap and well liked.

Can it do teh brootal metulz? Can it do spanky cleans? I know it does the VHish stuff (Nuno).

What poweramp should I look to pair it with?

Thanks

Can't do brutal metal stock. Can do great cleans. If you buy a good poweramp for it, it'll sound great for 80s metal.

You might want to check out www.voodooamps.com. Trace sells premodded ADA MP-1s that DO do "teh brewtal m3talz". There are clips on his site too.

I would like to have my rack be able to at least come close to what my biamp setup, 5150 and JC, can do in one, with midi switching and the like

Buy an ADA MP-1 and a Peavey Rockmaster then. Two inexpensive preamps that can kinda do what you want. You can do MIDI switching with your amps though.

I mean not having to run all sorts of extra crap... and carry both... love the tone, hate the weight.

Plus, the chug chug WHEEE part of the first clip has sold me on the Voodoo Amps ADA-1... now what poweramp?

Whatever poweramp you'd like. You can't go wrong with Peavey and Carvin for budget poweramps. Mesa and VHT made extremely quality poweramps. Marshalls are nice, but they tend to have some issues with heat and breaking down.

If you're not on a small budget, a VHT 2/50/2 or 2/90/2 would be sweet :D

I have an MP-1 with a T100 Carvin power amp and this rig holds some great tones.
awesome cleans and breakup cleans, great crunch and I can do metal pretty well too.
I don't know why everyone say it can't do metal well..anyway, you can always boost it with a pedal...

I say go for it, I won't regret!

>|<>QBB<
T2Russo":b03d6 said:
I mean not having to run all sorts of extra crap... and carry both... love the tone, hate the weight.

Plus, the chug chug WHEEE part of the first clip has sold me on the Voodoo Amps ADA-1... now what poweramp?

now go check out

www.adadepot.com

Their mods are badass.......and cheap. if you do them yourself they cost very little......I've done several, real easy to do. I bought all the parts for the 3.666 mod, and spent less than $60

definetely worth it.

IMHO the Voodoo stuff is nice but way to pricey when compared to the depots mods.....

ADA MP-1 3TM modded into a VHT 2502 loaded with KT-77s.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0KT8qkJFF8

Cheers

Back