Testing the Fortin Meshuggah Straight In with a Greenback, Drop D...

So many people seem to not like the Fortin sound, I love it though. Sounds great. Don't know if I could possibly have that amp taking a backseat haha.

Nice msn. Aggressive and open. Lot of note separation. What kind of reverb are you using in the DAW? Your tone still sounds tight and dry, not verby but with a hint of natural room.

It does sound really good. That's pretty much what I like as a base tone. Boost for those occasions I want more, or roll down the volume to clean it up.

So many people seem to not like the Fortin sound, I love it though. Sounds great. Don't know if I could possibly have that amp taking a backseat haha.
I like it. I always hear such bad things about the meshiggah, but some of your riffs kinda remind me of kohle when he is getting down, lol
First clip of that amp I really liked. Most are in drop z tuning.

The amps come biased fairly low. It works ok for lower tuning but for more classic tones I like the bias higher.

Need to get the Satan out soon also. Not sure if the Randall model is more Fortin or Larry? Haha

I feel like fortins sound like the input is too hot. The most recent evil pumpkin doesn’t seem like that.

The amps come biased fairly low. It works ok for lower tuning but for more classic tones I like the bias higher.

Need to get the Satan out soon also. Not sure if the Randall model is more Fortin or Larry? Haha
I was curious to try the actual fortin satan, the Randall satan was a let down for me. Just didn’t do it. If it actually was a 1:1 Larry, that’d be a let down…. Even though I’ll probably never play one lol.

I feel like fortins sound like the input is too hot. The most recent evil pumpkin doesn’t seem like that.

I was curious to try the actual fortin satan, the Randall satan was a let down for me. Just didn’t do it. If it actually was a 1:1 Larry, that’d be a let down…. Even though I’ll probably never play one lol.
I only have the Cali, Meshuggah and Satan. The Satan definitely has that quacky mid peak early in the preamp. The Cali can be brash however the Meshuggah on its own doesn't have any of these attributes. Once you add the 33...

My Satan had poor build quality. Cold soldering etc. Had my tech reflow it with leaded solder. I had not considered if this could effect the tone. Maybe?

For me the 33 is a bit specific and only works for one thing. However, the Blade is pretty versatile and works with about any amp.

Pushing the Meshuggah with the Blade here:

Back