The JCM900slx is the best Marshall 👹👹

• Thread starter Thread starter ChuggNorris
  • Start date Start date
Not even close, and the SLX was my main high gain amp until this year, for 6 years. Great sounding amp but when compared to a 2203/04 and even a DSL, it doesn't have the balls or cut.
It can be dialed in very close to those amps you mention though . It was just a tad thinner

I'm not sure why me looking at my bias is triggering him so bad and he's explaining it over and over but I stopped reading 2 explanations ago.

😴
Oh no, I'm quite calm. I don't know why you assume everyone around you is pissed off. You obviously know shit about electronics. Do what you want, I'm explaining it here for the sake of the members you're misleading with your amazing ideas. Otherwise, I have nothing against you and I am still at peace.

Oh no, I'm quite calm. I don't know why you assume everyone around you is pissed off. You obviously know shit about electronics. Do what you want, I'm explaining it here for the sake of the members you're misleading with your amazing ideas. Otherwise, I have nothing against you and I am still at peace.

Nobody is misleading anyone.

I do not know who you are and
This is the only place I've seen you.

Have a nice day 👋

I still want to try a 900. So the slx is the one to get?

For sure. Don't let the 800 ball liquors sway you.
Take note of what I said in original post though.

🎃

I still want to try a 900. So the slx is the one to get?
The SLX and mkiii JCM 900's were really Marshalls answer to the modded 800/jmp/superlead thing.

The SLX has another tube gain stage....the mkiii is 3 stages (very similar to a 2203) but with diode clipping that you can dial in/out.

Don't discount the mkiii's if you find one for a deal; I think they are every bit as cool as the SLX.

I'm not sure why me looking at my bias is triggering him so bad and he's explaining it over and over but I stopped reading 2 explanations ago.

😴

If point out facts counts as triggered in dumbass then sure. I wouldn’t know since I’m not fluent in it.

Im a dumbass, I cant even play music. I wouldn’t know since I’m not fluent in it.

Sounds legit good buddy GayLordPenis80

Get back to the retirement home before they realize you're missing 😴

😴 😴

Same here, everyone’s always complaining Marshall should do a “modded” Marshall, I always thought this was supposed to be that
The 2205/10/Jubilees in the 80s were Marshall's first 'modded from the factory' amps. Then, the 900s continued that...Slash reissue in the 90s...then the KK 800, AFD, YJM....But I think we all want a real Jose fire breather like the artists all seemed to have in the 80s.
I think the SLX has the most gain available of all, except a few 2205/10s I've had are super gainy....but, Marshall started going cheaper on parts/filtering in the 90s just like they did in the late 80s to save money; so the 900s have a thinner tone in general vs the 800s, JMPs before them.
Might be a cool mod to try with an SLX, change up the filtering a bit and see what that would sound like.

Sounds legit good buddy GayLordPenis80

Get back to the retirement home before they realize you're missing 😴

😴 😴

There he goes childish name calling once again. Cant even stay on topic in his own thread.

The 2205/10/Jubilees in the 80s were Marshall's first 'modded from the factory' amps. Then, the 900s continued that...Slash reissue in the 90s...then the KK 800, AFD, YJM....But I think we all want a real Jose fire breather like the artists all seemed to have in the 80s.
I think the SLX has the most gain available of all, except a few 2205/10s I've had are super gainy....but, Marshall started going cheaper on parts/filtering in the 90s just like they did in the late 80s to save money; so the 900s have a thinner tone in general vs the 800s, JMPs before them.
Might be a cool mod to try with an SLX, change up the filtering a bit and see what that would sound like.
Some really good points here! Ya, the Jubes and 2205/2210's showed that Marshall was already addressing the modding craze in the 80's. I really loved the 2210 I used to own. It was an '88 if I recollect.

The place to start with a Jose is a Superlead, which I have read Jose much preferred over the 2203's and 2204's. I know you already know this with your experience with old Marshall's, but that punch and 3-D massiveness just goes up another notch when you have, say, an early 70's Superlead.

Back