The Night I Hung with Guitar Gods (A Perfect Circle, Nine Inch Nails)

• Thread starter Thread starter Anxiety Serum
  • Start date Start date
Anxiety Serum
Anxiety Serum
So I am a big A Perfect Circle fan and my wife got me meet and greet tickets to see Billy Howerdel's solo show in Charlotte the other week. His new album is bad ass by the way (Stars is my favorite tune). Give it a spin.

He was super down to earth. If you have seen him in interviews, what you see is what you get. Very humble. Some great stories about Maynard too.

Sounds like he is working on an Gibson artist addition so look out for that.

The M&G ticket holders befriended Danny Lohner (aka Renholder) who was hanging in the crowd during the opening act. If you don't know who Renholder is he played for NIN, APC and many others. After the show, we got to hand with the band a bit (Keyboardist Nylo is the female in the pic).

Best concert experience I could ask for.
Billy 2.jpg
Billy Howerdel.jpg
Danny.jpg

Congrats ! What a time ! But many doesn’t Billy have creepy look lol . I love his music lol but that look

Awesome story man! I met Billy the other night in Phoenix and my experience was the same. Super nice guy, easy to talk to, and friendly. We talked gear and he also mentioned the signature model to me. If anyone has info about it please share!

Awesome story man! I met Billy the other night in Phoenix and my experience was the same. Super nice guy, easy to talk to, and friendly. We talked gear and he also mentioned the signature model to me. If anyone has info about it please share!
Did you do the meet and great ticket as well...or meet him some other way?

He was interviewed when the album released just a few weeks back and said no plans with Gibson for signature model...maybe I should ask them about that. I guess he asked, because a week or two later he was telling our group that his guitar was already being scanned as Gibson will have to look at that repaired headstock he has. Wonder how they will build around that.

I'ma kinda feel like a dick if he has some sort of alopecia lol. Will Smith gone slap me
You should hope he does. That would be a nice settlement. I wonder what that dude on the airplane will get from being punched by Mike Tyson.

That dude said "fucka eyebrows!!"

I'ma kinda feel like a dick if he has some sort of alopecia lol. Will Smith gone slap me
Msybe so . I didn’t think about that lol

Did you do the meet and great ticket as well...or meet him some other way?

He was interviewed when the album released just a few weeks back and said no plans with Gibson for signature model...maybe I should ask them about that. I guess he asked, because a week or two later he was telling our group that his guitar was already being scanned as Gibson will have to look at that repaired headstock he has. Wonder how they will build around that.
I met him after the show. He was hanging out by the merch booth and I just waited in line to talk to him. He didn't give me specifics about the signature model, he just said he was working on something with Gibson. It would be totally badass if they made a replica of his LP. Definitely one of the coolest LPs out there b/c of the broken headstock, unique finish, and Tom Anderson pickups.

I met him after the show. He was hanging out by the merch booth and I just waited in line to talk to him. He didn't give me specifics about the signature model, he just said he was working on something with Gibson. It would be totally badass if they made a replica of his LP. Definitely one of the coolest LPs out there b/c of the broken headstock, unique finish, and Tom Anderson pickups.
How many were at your shown? Only like 100 in Charlotte.. I felt bad. His album his really good.

I saw The Aristocrats in New Orleans last Monday night and there were maybe 45 people there to see them!

How many were at your shown? Only like 100 in Charlotte.. I felt bad. His album his really good.
About the same. The band was great and played very well. This was one of the shows featuring Josh Freese on drums, which I felt really brought a "arena rock" dimension to the mostly electronic tracks. The opening band, VOWWS, was interesting but the sound at the venue was rather poor, so their electronic/programming-heavy music got kind of washed out by the bad mix.

About the same. The band was great and played very well. This was one of the shows featuring Josh Freese on drums, which I felt really brought a "arena rock" dimension to the mostly electronic tracks. The opening band, VOWWS, was interesting but the sound at the venue was rather poor, so their electronic/programming-heavy music got kind of washed out by the bad mix.
Yeah VOWWS weren't bad but I couldn't hear the singing at all. Lost in the mix.

Danny Lohner even yelled say your name again no one heard you. With 100 people it's not like the crowd was too loud.

It was like their voice mics weren't on.

Back