The Ultimate Wah Pedal

• Thread starter Thread starter Code001
  • Start date Start date
Code001
Code001
Yup, it's true. I had JerryP mod my wah and it is one of the most versatile wahs in the world. Here's a rundown of what it has had done to it:

True Bypass
LED
Volume Pot (internal)
Mid Pot (internal)
Bass Pot
Q Control Pot
5 Way Rotary Switch to shift the wah's vocal range down 2 notches, up 2 notches or leave it stock
Fasel Inductor switches. 2 switches allow me to select a Red Fasel, A Halo Fasel, Both Fasels in Parallel or Both Fasels in Series

You won't find anything else like this on the market unless you build or mod your own. Simply put, it screams. The fasel switches have to be the coolest thing I've ever played around with. It sounds real fat and vintage-sounding with both Fasels in series. With them in parallel, I get an extremely aggressive sound with lots of treble. The Halo by itself is probably one of my favorite sounds. It seems to have the perfect amount of bite to it without too much bass, but isn't overly thin sounding. The Red Fasel gives you that typical hot-rodded Dunlop signature sound that most everyone has heard.

I still have to play around with it and adjust for my settings, but overall, I'm ecstatic. I basically got a rack wah without having to shell out the big $$$ for one. 8) Here are two crappy pictures of it:

DSC02769.jpg

DSC02770.jpg

Hey, did that start out as a stock crybaby classic or what? Also, how much $$$ and finally........clips?

Started out as a GCB-95 that I bought as my first guitar effect roughly 5 years ago. You'll have to contact Jerry @ www.fjamods.com for specific prices. I sent my wah in twice. One for all the pots and the second time was for the fasel and 5 way switch idea. I'll see what I can do about clips. It's kinda hard to show off all the options, ya know? If you're good at soldering, you could build your own at www.buildyourownclone.com. They have something extremely similar.

Man, I have one of those Crybaby's that Im not really happy with and was thinking about getting a new wah. I would think about sending it in for some mods instead, but this thing is a trainwreck. There is something rattling around inside and the thing is EXTREMELY noisy.

Jerry can help fix that up. I could also probably help diagnose the problem. Take off the rear cover and take some pics of the insides. I'll see if I can see anything wrong with it.

That I can do. I live near a radio station, so I pick up radio on high gain channels(a cool effect used with discresion) and its not too bad, but when I throw the wah on, its almost unusable.

Anyway, I will snap a pic tonight and check out dudes site as well. Thanks.

The radio station thing is generally normal with all wah pedals. They seem to act like a 300 ft antenna, lol.

I'm gonna gold-plate it and add spinner knobs soon. :D

Back