Tonal Differences between VH4 and VH4S

• Thread starter Thread starter bulb
  • Start date Start date
B
bulb
Hey guys, i searched the forums but couldn't find an answer to this question. I have experience with the VH4 only, and im looking into getting a VH4S, but i was wondering if tonally the two amps would be different? I know that since it has two 50 watt poweramps instead of a single one, when cranked it might react a bit differently, but i guess im just checking to see that if im a fan of the VH4 that i can expect to like the VH4S as much (if not twice as much!...ok lame joke...fail...)
Thanks!

The "voicing" of the two amps are of course similar. To my ears, there is a difference. The difference doesn't make one sound like a totally different type of amp. They are similar but different....You have a lot of options with the VH4S that you may not be able to have with the VH4. The separate speaker inputs make it a lot of fun to mix cabs and run true stereo of course. Add some effects and so forth and it can get interesting. Not that the VH4 doesn't deliver, indeed it does. Just a different tool in the tool belt. Both are amazing amps and worthy of owning at the same time IMO. Hope this helps. :)

Both are amazing amps and worthy of owning at the same time IMO. Hope this helps.

How's THAT for slick salesmanship!?!?!?!? :lol: :LOL:

V.

Back