umm this may sound crazy but does anyone a/b/y cabs

• Thread starter Thread starter flametal
  • Start date Start date
flametal
flametal
I was fucking around at practice today and plugged my amp into the other guitarists cab and noticed I really liked the rythm tone but liked the lead tone from my cab more. This lead me to wonder, does anyone A/B/Y two cabs into one amp for different tones?

People do it, yes. It's just more rare than A/B/Ying heads because of the weight. The RK has an option to select what cabinet you want with each channel. Pretty slick if you ask me. I'd never use it though.

>|<>QBB<
Code001":25593 said:
People do it, yes. It's just more rare than A/B/Ying heads because of the weight. The RK has an option to select what cabinet you want with each channel. Pretty slick if you ask me. I'd never use it though.

hmm I wonder how this would work with a PA?

A/B'ing is one thing, but keeping the impedance right durring -Y- would be a problem.

I used to do this via MIDI with a Sound Sculpture PowerSwap. When I had my Mesa Nomad 100 212, I would switch between the internal 212 speakers with the open back (for Stones, Crowes, early Aerosmith, Beatles stuff) and a closed back 412 (for the harder stuff).

I don't need it anymore. SS no longer makes them. If anybody's interested, make me an offer.

We I use my leslie cabinet I A/B my amps output to the amps cabinet and then to the leslie cabinet for spin effect. I got a real small leslie that I can pick up by myself and move easily. Its the best way for that sound and I still get the standard amp sound to boot.

Back