[Update & Pic] Multiple Guitar Road Case / Guitar Vault

• Thread starter Thread starter brianiac5150
  • Start date Start date
B
brianiac5150
[Original Post] Anyone here have experience with these, preference, recommendations, etc...?

I'm interested in getting one - tired of carrying several cases to rehearsal/shows.[Original Post]

Update: Decided to get one and GoMC Customer Service kicked so much ass I ended up getting another with power. Can't speak highly enough for the communication and service I received. I'm super happy with the cases, as well. Albeit a bit tricky to maneuver in without scratching/denting my car; I can fit this case in the back seat of my Ford Fusion, too.

Attachments

• GoMC.png
    GoMC.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 867
Last edited:
I have one of the Enki cases and love it. I don't need more than two guitars for a gig though.

Get a dual guitar gig bag and use that instead.
If you need to carry more than 2 guitars consider a getting a dolly/cart and wrap the cases around it with bungee cords or ratchet straps.

Most guitars vaults are extremely heavy and frankly, they're for people with crews.

Thanks for your reply, Spaceboy. Two guitars usually is plenty. A guitar or two per player, though, and four guitars in one place to, on, from stage is the direction I'm looking.
Get a dual guitar gig bag and use that instead.
If you need to carry more than 2 guitars consider a getting a dolly/cart and wrap the cases around it with bungee cords or ratchet straps.

Most guitars vaults are extremely heavy and frankly, they're for people with crews.
The point of the multi-case/vault is both transport and stage use. NOT having crew is also an attraction: wheel one case to stage with several guitars, remove cover, go, cover back on, roll to trailer/vehicle. No bags, individual cases or stands to putz with.

GOMC has the most attractive one I've found (4 guitars, 2 guitar player group) and I was hoping others may have some experience with them and/or other manufacturers.

Ola has done some good videos of some options.

Thanks for your reply, Spaceboy. Two guitars usually is plenty. A guitar or two per player, though, and four guitars in one place to, on, from stage is the direction I'm looking.

The point of the multi-case/vault is both transport and stage use. NOT having crew is also an attraction: wheel one case to stage with several guitars, remove cover, go, cover back on, roll to trailer/vehicle. No bags, individual cases or stands to putz with.

GOMC has the most attractive one I've found (4 guitars, 2 guitar player group) and I was hoping others may have some experience with them and/or other manufacturers.

Ola has done some good videos of some options.
I know. I've had one and sold it. Dual guitar gig bags are way easier because they're lighter and hands free. I carry 2 guitars on my back, head and pedalboard on top of my 4x12 and push the whole thing in one trip. The vault made it harder not easier. You asked for opinions, so there.

You sound like you have your mind made up so go for it. You may like it.

Last edited:
I know. I've had one and sold it.... You asked for opinions, so there.

You sound like you have your mind made up so go for it. You may like it.
That's exactly what I asked for and appreciate your replies, especially your clarifying follow-up. A lot of aspects make it very enticing, however, I've zero experience with them which is why I asked. You've stated you have, along with your experience and that is helpful. Thanks!

Maybe if on a world tour.
I always wanted one of those double amp head roadcases. They look cool but can't carry the thing.

Maybe if on a world tour.
I always wanted one of those double amp head roadcases. They look cool but can't carry the thing.
Things on wheels roll right into trailers or up to the back of a truck/van and lean-lift-slide right in. Also easily roll to the stage when wading through people.
...even if only touring your own world. :rock:

Played in a professional ski circuit band in the early 80's. They had a guitar/bass vault case like Samhain posted. Held 3 guitars and two basses with lots of shelves for cables etc. Had big industrial casters with rubber wheels that would roll over any surface with ease. They had a box truck with a ramp(like a Uhaul moving truck). They were all 10 years older than me and were real professionals,a real learning experience for an 18 year old kid.

But that was back in the day when you could make money doing that type of gig. They had been doing it for a long time and had the system down like a well oiled machine,from professional gear to a real booker setting all the gigs up before the season even started. Set up and sound check on Tuesday around 2pm, tear down and start traveling Sunday afternoon. Week after week. Month after month. 200 song list of every tune I never want to have to hear(much less play)again.

But the drugs and pussy made it worthwhile.

Now days,I would just use an industrial cart with big pnematic tires. A guitar vault would be cool,but the cart can be used for everything.

Back