Welp, I bought the HX Stomp

• Thread starter Thread starter WhiteShadow
  • Start date Start date
WhiteShadow
WhiteShadow
Went to guitar center last night, and walked out with a new HX stomp! I DO NOT regret it!

Literally just made a simple preset with the Brit 2204, Tube screamer and touch of phase out front, tape verb/delay, and it sounds incredible!

It plays like butter. The tone is so forgiving. Makes my playing sound better than ever!

Also compact, simple to use, and affordable.

Highly recommend for those considering it!

IMG_1532.jpeg

Are you running it through a poweramp and a cab?

I love mine. It's a lifesaver. I love running it live through an actual poweramp and cab. I love practicing through headphones with it. I also like how it records.

My one tip, though is to try your favorite IR's through it. I don't think the stock cabs are all that great. They did improve it after the last few updates, but they're still not as good as some good IR's.

Are you running it through a poweramp and a cab?

I love mine. It's a lifesaver. I love running it live through an actual poweramp and cab. I love practicing through headphones with it. I also like how it records.

My one tip, though is to try your favorite IR's through it. I don't think the stock cabs are all that great. They did improve it after the last few updates, but they're still not as good as some good IR's.
For this gig I’m going straight into the board with a wedge in front of me.

You recommend any good IRs for Marshall distorted tones I should check out?

It's a modeler.

It is pretty sweet. I ditched most of my pedals a while back and have been using the HX Stomp for effects in front of the amp, plus a MIDI controller for everything. Does just about everything fairly well.

I almost always play through an amp, but I do have some patches setup with a 2204 set up as a backup, for the odd time I don't want to bring an amp, and it sounds pretty great.

The HX Stomp is probably the most bang for the buck fun in a guitar pedal that you can get. Great for couch jamming in headphones or recording tracks to a DAW. I wish Fractal made something that small that would fit in a gig bag.

That's a great tool, congrats! I have a Pod Go, it served me well for some time - even if I went back to analog effects at the end

really solid unit. Can be used just to add effects, fantastic direct option, easy to edit.

Try the Ownhammer and York IR's.

For this gig I’m going straight into the board with a wedge in front of me.

You recommend any good IRs for Marshall distorted tones I should check out?
I love Josh Middleton's IR's, but they're more Metal-oriented. He does have a sweet IR of an EVH Greenback speaker inside a Marshall cab, though.

Other than that, I was using a Celestion IR of a Greenback for the little Punk Rock gig I was playing. Sounded cool!

HX stomp does sound nice. The effects are really the best part imho. Some of the amp models are weird. Like they don't really sound like their respective amp at similar settings.

I prefer the Fractal stuff then Line 6, QC and finally Kemper.

I actually have the native client which I got for like 30 bucks during a sale. I need to reload it on my new pc...

I always think about grabbing one of these to run through a parallel line mixer to run for effects in the loops of my amps.

Back