What amp is the dude in Chevelle using?

Last I heard it was a Mark IV. I really like the tone on Vena Sera. I've been listening to it for the last week or so.

I know on the album before that, he used a LOT of different amps, most notably his MkIV's and a few Oranges...I'm sure it's a slew of amps on the new album as well. Too bad he can't sound as thick live.

:|::QBB:
ZielGuitarist":df0ec said:
I know on the album before that, he used a LOT of different amps, most notably his MkIV's and a few Oranges...I'm sure it's a slew of amps on the new album as well. Too bad he can't sound as thick live.
I agree with the live thing. I like Chevelle, but live thry don't sound as thick and full. I know there's a good amount of production on the cd's, but they for some reason don't carry the bigness live.
as for the new album, like the music quite a bit. guitar tone I don't like as much as the other albums. it doesn't sound as tight as it did before...it sounds less mkIV ish or something, or maybe less PRS like as he's using a strat too now.

vchizzle":32551 said:
I agree with the live thing. I like Chevelle, but live thry don't sound as thick and full. I know there's a good amount of production on the cd's, but they for some reason don't carry the bigness live.
as for the new album, like the music quite a bit. guitar tone I don't like as much as the other albums. it doesn't sound as tight as it did before...it sounds less mkIV ish or something, or maybe less PRS like as he's using a strat too now.

+1 Their bassist especially sounds horrible live. I remember when that guy couldn't play for shit, just before they got him in the band. An acquaintance of mine actually had to teach him how to play and sing.... and another +1 on the tones on the new album...just doesn't fit the music as well.

Back