what did you listen to this summer???

• Thread starter Thread starter RaceU4her
  • Start date Start date
RaceU4her
RaceU4her
i always love getting the rundown of what i listened to for the season. i have not a guitar or band in sight :dunno:

CNPjuaP_d.jpg

I don't stream but I recently got really into Rhapsody. I am working my way up through their catalog, one cd at a time.

I'm glad my car has a cd player

It seems like I'm always the last to get these

But mine are pretty much always the same things every time lmao

King Von?

That name has a pretty nice ring to it if you axe me.

Listened to this playlist as I floated in the pool watching the planes land and takeoff from Midway Airport.
IMG_7973.jpeg

I was listening to a lot of doo wop and oldies music earlier this summer when my old man wasn't doing all that well and I was thinking about him. I have been ending my summer with some Thin Lizzy cause my wife started getting obsessed with them when I was listening to Gary Moore related stuff mid summer. She made me play "Still In Love With You" from Sydney enough times that I told her she was going to ruin it for me if I kept playing it. Man that band has been growing on me lately and I am not a big rock music guy so I'm a tough sale. Phil Lynott was such a great frontman with that killer p bass tone, a nice vocal, and some great songwriting. Major respect for those guys now. Killer guitarists and guitar tone throughout. I can't believe I overlooked them this long.

I’ve been on an instrumental post-rock / progressive metal kind of kick lately.

Cloudkicker, Plini, If These Trees Could Talk, Caspian, Rabea Massaad, I Built the Sky.

And some good ol’ Rock from Mammoth WVH, Foo Fighters, Big Wreck, and Nestor have been on solid rotation.

I don’t do a lot of playlists. I’m an album guy.

Stumbled into 90s metallic hardcore this summer. Earth Crisis have been played the most (especially Firestorm / Forged in the Flames).

I've listened to a lot of stuff that I was heavily into as a kid/teen.
Rammstein, KMFDM, Manson, NIN, Lords of Acid, MSI, etc...
Not much most here would probably be into.
Autumn is near, so I image not much will change :ROFLMAO:

I’ve been on an instrumental post-rock / progressive metal kind of kick lately.

Cloudkicker, Plini, If These Trees Could Talk, Caspian, Rabea Massaad, I Built the Sky.

And some good ol’ Rock from Mammoth WVH, Foo Fighters, Big Wreck, and Nestor have been on solid rotation.

I don’t do a lot of playlists. I’m an album guy.
threads like this are cool because I haven't heard of some of those artists, and now I'm going to check them out!

Best "new to me" thing I listened to this summer....

Back