What is considered a hi end sounding reverb pedal?

• Thread starter Thread starter keano
  • Start date Start date
keano
keano
don't say Holy Grail noisy as all hell. Don't say digitech. quality.

All in all, roughly the best reverb pedal you're gonna get is the noisy, broken-switch prone Holy Grail. There aren't many that are gonna really sound any better. You could possibly try some Keeley modded thing.

I have a Digitech Reverb, and Boss RV-3. Actually the Digitech isn't bad at all. The RV-3 is good for solos good mix of verb and delay.

If I got a G-Sharp wonder if I would notice a big difference in quality?

I'm not sure about the G-Sharp, but the G-Major would be a HUGE improvement, IMO.

Check out the peavey valverb. They're a bit older, rack form tube drivern verb and trem. I think they sell for like 200ish. Well worth it for ture analog tube delay. Closest you'll get to the old fender guys in a smaller box w/footswitches for under 500.

a Digitech 2101 preamp / processor ( Rack )
has some wonderfull sounding reverbs in it
not only that i think anyone who can get their hands on them
will be amased with the outcome of your playing sounds :)

i picked mine up with a control one floor pedal
both in unopened box's for $100 bucks :wink:

The Yamaha Magicstomp (I have one of the old ones) has the reverbs from the SPX-90 in it. They sound very good to my ears. I'm not sure if you can still get these cheap, but their a good deal if for nothing else then the reverbs, tremelos, phasers, and flanges. There's a lot of junk in them too, some of it fun in an extremely occasional sort of way.

But, as pointed out above, if you can get past the noise, I still feel the Holy Grail sounds best.

Back