What the hell was George Thorogood using?

fendertwin

God damn he had some fucking mean tone on 1 bourbon, anybody know what amps/guitars he was using? I can't really find anything about his gear but it sounded pretty good to me.

:|::QBB:
Vrad":0312d said:

Holy smokes... that avatar made me spit out my coffee!

Thanks redeyes, you bring attention to this thread unexpectedly and then not appear on irc when i go for the first time in forever. How's the voodoo modded jcm800, faggot.

P.S. the mexican in my avatar is now my ex, i can't have a gf for too long before i blow up it seems

gaijun":38c44 said:
This might help
http://www.guitarplayer.com/story.asp?storycode=15790

According to this article he more or less didn't give a shit what was going on, except that he knew a fender showman had something to do with it.

that's fucking awesome, I know they are good amps but they are so cheap too and it just confirms my suspicion that you can pick up old fender amps and just rock the fuck out and have awesome tone without spending a grand.

My '73 super reverb that i grabbed for 6 hundo rocks the house to its foundation.

fendertwin":4229a said:

Thanks redeyes, you bring attention to this thread unexpectedly and then not appear on irc when i go for the first time in forever. How's the voodoo modded jcm800, faggot.

P.S. the mexican in my avatar is now my ex, i can't have a gf for too long before i blow up it seems

I don't irc anymore dude. Sorry about that. I love my Voodoo modded JMP 2204. I retubed it with Rubys and some Groove Tube 12AX7's. Sounds really good.

Give me a way to keep in contact with you. (also sorry about the hot mexican)

:gethim:

fendertwin":c79d6 said:

My '73 super reverb that i grabbed for 6 hundo rocks the house to its foundation.

I cant keep track but is this the amp you tried really hard to get awhile back? Hows it treating you?

redrol":cf5eb said:

I cant keep track but is this the amp you tried really hard to get awhile back? Hows it treating you?

Yeah that's the one, bumble bee bob's 73 super reverb. It's torn to shreds but sounds amazing, does need a servicing though.

superreverb.jpg

Back