What's your best looking amp

• Thread starter Thread starter lester
  • Start date Start date
Chubtone":34f3e2cw said:
rupe":34f3e2cw said:
That's the lamest thing I've ever heard you say. It's like you typed "A smallblock or bigblock V8 with a Holley 750 dbl pumper, highrise Edelbrock manifold, or a B&M blower. Heck, any engine by GM, MOPAR, or Ford. Air shocks and ladder bars. Wheelie wheels and shaker scoops" into a Cool to Gay translator. :emofag: :grim: :D ;)

Incorrect my friend. I don't like putting all my time and energy and money into something where the end goal is something that lasts 10 or 11 seconds. Reminds me too much of high school dating. ;)

I grew up in the midwest. I was a muscle car guy through and through. I came out to visit my cousin in So Cal when I was 17 years old. I had a pretty bad ass '68 Mustang with a 302 and it was one of the coolest and fastest cars at my high school. I brought pics to show my cousins because they were cars guys too. So we get out to LA and we are hanging out and I notice some primered, boxy little thing in his driveway. I couldn't wait to show them the pics of my car. So I did and we are talking cars and he and his friend are kind of goofing on me and my car and I am stumped. Finally I blurt out, "it's way cooler than that primered piece of shit in your driveway." They looked at each other and kind of laughed and said, "Let's go for a ride." I piled into my cousins primered crap box and was surprised to see a full roll cage and race seats and harnesses. That thing was sitting so low to the ground it looked silly to me. My Mustang was way up there with a mean looking rake. We start following his friend whose car said Datsun 510 on the back trunk. What the hell is that I wondered? No one had those in Chicago in 1983. They would have all rusted into oblivion by then. We are headed for Mulholland Highway, a famous street going up the mountains in LA. There are sheer drop offs on one side and the mountain up tight against the other. We reach Mulholland and we are absolutely flying and I am scared shitless. We are screaming into corners way too fast to possibly stop in time and survive, yet we do time and time again. My cousins radically built Datsun 510 and his buddies Datsun are just bumper to bumper. My cousin keeps saying to me, "If we were in your Mustang we would be dead here." Or, "Think your Mustang could have done that?". The answer to that and every question I could have imagined that day was, No, my Mustang and none of my friends cars that I drag race against could do any of this.

That was one of the most thrilling car related days of my life and it changed me forever. I went back home and sold my Mustang almost immediately. I have had zero interest in muscle cars or just being able to go fast in a straight line since. That old Mulholland Highway street racing scene was world famous and the bottom of that canyon is littered with cars that didn't make it. There have been books written about it and movies made about it and in it's way, it was as cool as the Sunset Strip rock and roll scene that was happening just a few miles from there.

So yeah, translate all you want my brotha. I'll stick to road racing on race tracks in cars that are fast in a straight line, have amazing brakes, have handling that makes you question the laws of physics and do everything well. You stick to those 10-11 second thrills and give your wife my condolences. :hys:
All I heard was "faaaabulous" :D

I hear you. I remember the first time I went for a ride in a 911 Targa that was being pushed to its limits...it was definitely a different experience than I had ever had before in my Chevelle SS or GTO. I'm actually a car enthusiast in general, but I've never lost my passion for gas huffing, oil leaking, knocking and pinging Detroit muscle...there's still something barbarically sexy about the 1/4 mile to me :lol: :LOL:

And if I can get off in 10 secs at 120mph, that just leaves more time to play guitar ;)

Juicy.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,594
rupe":xueyiqx1 said:
Chubtone":xueyiqx1 said:
rupe":xueyiqx1 said:
That's the lamest thing I've ever heard you say. It's like you typed "A smallblock or bigblock V8 with a Holley 750 dbl pumper, highrise Edelbrock manifold, or a B&M blower. Heck, any engine by GM, MOPAR, or Ford. Air shocks and ladder bars. Wheelie wheels and shaker scoops" into a Cool to Gay translator. :emofag: :grim: :D ;)

Incorrect my friend. I don't like putting all my time and energy and money into something where the end goal is something that lasts 10 or 11 seconds. Reminds me too much of high school dating. ;)

I grew up in the midwest. I was a muscle car guy through and through. I came out to visit my cousin in So Cal when I was 17 years old. I had a pretty bad ass '68 Mustang with a 302 and it was one of the coolest and fastest cars at my high school. I brought pics to show my cousins because they were cars guys too. So we get out to LA and we are hanging out and I notice some primered, boxy little thing in his driveway. I couldn't wait to show them the pics of my car. So I did and we are talking cars and he and his friend are kind of goofing on me and my car and I am stumped. Finally I blurt out, "it's way cooler than that primered piece of shit in your driveway." They looked at each other and kind of laughed and said, "Let's go for a ride." I piled into my cousins primered crap box and was surprised to see a full roll cage and race seats and harnesses. That thing was sitting so low to the ground it looked silly to me. My Mustang was way up there with a mean looking rake. We start following his friend whose car said Datsun 510 on the back trunk. What the hell is that I wondered? No one had those in Chicago in 1983. They would have all rusted into oblivion by then. We are headed for Mulholland Highway, a famous street going up the mountains in LA. There are sheer drop offs on one side and the mountain up tight against the other. We reach Mulholland and we are absolutely flying and I am scared shitless. We are screaming into corners way too fast to possibly stop in time and survive, yet we do time and time again. My cousins radically built Datsun 510 and his buddies Datsun are just bumper to bumper. My cousin keeps saying to me, "If we were in your Mustang we would be dead here." Or, "Think your Mustang could have done that?". The answer to that and every question I could have imagined that day was, No, my Mustang and none of my friends cars that I drag race against could do any of this.

That was one of the most thrilling car related days of my life and it changed me forever. I went back home and sold my Mustang almost immediately. I have had zero interest in muscle cars or just being able to go fast in a straight line since. That old Mulholland Highway street racing scene was world famous and the bottom of that canyon is littered with cars that didn't make it. There have been books written about it and movies made about it and in it's way, it was as cool as the Sunset Strip rock and roll scene that was happening just a few miles from there.

So yeah, translate all you want my brotha. I'll stick to road racing on race tracks in cars that are fast in a straight line, have amazing brakes, have handling that makes you question the laws of physics and do everything well. You stick to those 10-11 second thrills and give your wife my condolences. :hys:

I hear you. I remember the first time I went for a ride in a 911 Targa that was being pushed to its limits...it was definitely a different experience than I had ever had before in my Chevelle SS or GTO. I'm actually a car enthusiast in general, but I've never lost my passion for gas huffing, oil leaking, knocking and pinging Detroit muscle...there's still something barbarically sexy about the 1/4 mile to me :lol: :LOL:

And if I can get off in 10 secs at 120mph, that just leaves more time to play guitar ;)

rupe":19d7688r said:

Bah.... if it has pushrods in the engine and a live rear axle, you may as well be talking about a stage coach to me. :D

rupe":2qpzmlkc said:
Zachman":2qpzmlkc said:
WOW!!!

Lamborghini's are for hip hop stars and first round of the draft NBA players. :D

Those things overheat and go into Limp mode almost immediately at the race track. :D

Chubtone":h5ezz49q said:
rupe":h5ezz49q said:
Zachman":h5ezz49q said:
WOW!!!

Lamborghini's are for hip hop stars and first round of the draft NBA players. :D

Those things overheat and go into Limp mode almost immediately at the race track. :D

And yet, they keep winning the Texas mile runs. At least, the Underground Racing Twin Turbo conversions seem to run without temp, or reliability issues. Personally, I am more of a Ferrari enthusiast (The all time winningest team in Formula one).

Zachman,
Lamborghini was established as a sports car manufacturer 50 years ago because Ferruccio was pissed off that Enzo Ferrari wouldn't give the time of day to a guy known for manufacturing tractors.

Here is a list of significant sports car racing wins by Lamborghini since their inception, 50 years ago:

;)

spirit7":13gekk8b said:
jlbaxe":13gekk8b said:
Ventura":13gekk8b said:
+1 This :D

+2. Mine has the meteor tolex and so isn't quite as sexy.

-C

Bogner makes a sexy looking and sounding amp, for sure! I really like the new cowgirl tolex too. Looks classy! :rock:

Mine at the moment is probably the Mark, but it's by no means a great looking amp compared to a lot of others in this thread. More like a stealthy machine.

B4697457-D006-4913-AA93-090AA6F5A534-1353-000001732CF9D613_zpsb741770b.jpg

Pretty awesome Zachman...but for what the tires on that Lambo cost, I can have the same effect on a chick with even more boob bounce in a '70 Nova, all while she's snuggled up next to me on the bench seat :D ;)

Chubtone":2kwby7c8 said:
Zachman,
Lamborghini was established as a sports car manufacturer 50 years ago because Ferruccio was pissed off that Enzo Ferrari wouldn't give the time of day to a guy known for manufacturing tractors.

Here is a list of significant sports car racing wins by Lamborghini since their inception, 50 years ago:

;)

Still, fun to drive, and look cool as hell.

Picture077-1.jpg

rupe":1p5g5gpd said:
Pretty awesome Zachman...but for what the tires on that Lambo cost, I can have the same effect on a chick with even more boob bounce in a '70 Nova, all while she's snuggled up next to me on the bench seat :D ;)

Would you get that chick w/ the Nova though? Just sayin-- I bet your odds would increase a bit w/ the Lambo budget. ;)

Devin":1dtfj1ne said:
I gotta go with my Deliverance....it just looks like it means business! :D

Though my Prosonic is pretty sweet looking, too.....total wolf in sheep's clothing :rawk:

b0c348bf.jpg

1295b5d3.jpg
is that a Starfield gutiar with the VHT? I had one and they are awesome.

Zachman":y5plr09v said:
rupe":y5plr09v said:

Would you get that chick w/ the Nova though? Just sayin-- I bet your odds would increase a bit w/ the Lambo budget. ;)
I got the chick with my spandex, perfectly teased hair, and outrageously colorful pointy guitars. :lol: :LOL:

lester":3tauy80d said:
We don't need an excuse to be superficial...

For a while I wasn't sure about the looks on this one but I've decided this is my best looking amp
8474770792_df7401d81e_c.jpg

I dig it all - cept maybe the names.

8473685367_480c383655_b.jpg

and these guts don't hurt either.....sweet ass amp. Good job Brian!

You win! :thumbsup:

rupe":2x3j33ue said:
Zachman":2x3j33ue said:
rupe":2x3j33ue said:

I got the chick with my spandex, perfectly teased hair, and outrageously colorful pointy guitars. :lol: :LOL:

:lol: :LOL: :thumbsup: :rock:

Back