The Return of Lynch... No, the other one...

ChadVanHalen

So Autograph reunited with a recent show opening for Kix which means Steve Lynch is playing guitar again... A little rusty but I always liked hearing him play, he seemed to be the peak of tapping in the 80's when it all went downhill

lespaul6":1km9pr8a said:
what happened to the original singer?
From their website
BiggTimeInc.com":1km9pr8a said:
In 2011, founding guitarist Steve Lynch and bassist Randy Rand decided to meet up at the NAMM show in Anaheim. They rekindled their friendship first, opening up the lines of communication and bonding more than ever before. Almost two years after that encounter, Rand contacted drummer Keni Richards on Facebook, attending the skinsman’s art gallery. With the relationship rebuilt, they made a collective decision to jam again. However, there was just one missing link.
“We approached our original singer Steve Plunkett about a reunion,” recalls Lynch. “Unfortunately, he didn’t have the time to join the band again due to how busy his business is. He did give us his blessing to move forward though, and that was important. There are so many eighties bands out there touring and having fun with it. We were one of the few that hadn’t been out there. We missed our fans. This is for them.”

Steve is such a great lead player, so tasty. His instructional, which is all over youtube, is a great intro to his style. With that said, Autograph was horrid, and I own all three releases. The songs musically show some premise, especially if they would have mixed the guitars hotter, but they chose to go the route of Miami Vice film score (which is fitting as that is where Plunket ended up). It would be great to hear him team up with a younger melodic rock band and play leads for them.

shredhead7":1cmwxngl said:
Steve is such a great lead player, so tasty. His instructional, which is all over youtube, is a great intro to his style. With that said, Autograph was horrid, and I own all three releases. The songs musically show some premise, especially if they would have mixed the guitars hotter, but they chose to go the route of Miami Vice film score (which is fitting as that is where Plunket ended up). It would be great to hear him team up with a younger melodic rock band and play leads for them.
Oh my God I feel the same way about the band... In recent interviews the band says they're ditching the keyboards, lowering the tunings a bit and playing it more stripped down. Most of the songs were meh, but hopefully this new approach can show the old stuff wasn't that bad and the new stuff will turn out real well

AmpliFIRE":11pltbs8 said:
No Plunkett? Lame
It's fine, he's doing pretty well in Vegas I've heard...
Steve%2BPlunkett.jpg
Carrot-Top-Show-Las-Veags-laugh.jpg

Back