Pointy guitars?

rsm

Back in the day, I had several pointy guitars (and basses) mostly BC Rich and Ibanez as I recall. I have a BC Rich Stealth Chuck Schuldiner sig, and have been looking for another pointy guitar.

I was considering a new Ibanez Xiphos, this one:

ibanez%2BXPIR20E_iron%2Blabel.png

But the Xiphos is similar in style to the Stealth shape-wise, and I don't have any Vs, and I've been GASing for a BC Rich US Draco in dragonblood for a few years, but I found (and purchased) an all black one (Korean made) used for a decent price, looks like this:

bc-rich-v-draco-gbc-dv-o-lg.jpg

I'm not familiar with Rockfield pickups, but I'll see how the stock pickups work. If not, I'm thinking a DiMarzio X2N in the bridge, and Fast Track 2 in the neck. :)

Anyone else still using or GASing for very pointy guitars? :yes:

:thumbsup:

I dig the xiphos, but not a big trem user these days, my old Steinberger had a transtrem back in the day, I only have one guitar with trem system now. I really like the satin black finish and the no fret marker ebony board, when I considered a new Kiesel 6 I was going for the no streak ebony without fret markers (did not purchase). The Draco has that fretboard so it scratches that itch for me.

The draco is just over-the-top pointy, like a caricature of a pointy guitar, so uncool that it just works for me in the looks department...if that makes any sense! like, go big or go home pointy IMO :LOL: :LOL:

Hadn't owned a pointy in years until a few weeks ago, when I grabbed a Charvel pointy reissue. 700 bucks for a custom shop quality guitar..I don't care what headstock it has!

I have 5 pointy's. 3 rhoads style V's, a jackson star that I have given the chris holmes treatment and one I made that is kinda similar to that ibanez (but a bit rounder)

only the holmes gets any play time really, although when I jam I always use a V generally .... at home I always play strats/super strats

The first one looks cool. Second one?... :no: Just a little too ugh... I don't know what to call?? As far as pointy guitars go?? My favs have always been Explorers and the Dean ML. I have a ML79 and it is such a cool guitar, and a real pleasure to play. It has a Bill Lawrence L500XL in the bridge, a floating bridge (floyd rose), and it just sounds so damn fat, dynamic and clear at the same time. It's my number 1 guitar for recording. It's really balanced and feels really good to play.

I have a few EMG equipped guitars, and I've wanted a V, and a Draco for awhile now. The Draco is over-the-top pointy, none more pointy - and I found one used, looks to be in very good condition from the pics, for a decent price, shipped. Much less $ than the xiphos.

I had that exact guitar there. Thing was awesome. Not really an EMG guy. I was for a long time, then started to see that you can sort of get a little tonal variety out of passives. Found that for me now, I prefer something a little simpler. But the guitar was top notch. Not a single flaw.

I dig the Xiphos. Played Pete's, they were nice. If I had the money to buy a guitar, I'd be picking up an Explorer or some sort or a natural finish Bich. I've always dig the Bich body, but I've never been able to find one I like in the right price range. I even dig the 10 string model with all the strange switching. Would be fun to mess around with.

I'm down to just three pointy guitars now.
All ESP:
A white Alexi Scythe custom shop with a Bare Knuckle Juggernaut.
A black Alexi Sawtooth standard series with a Bare Knuckle War Pig.
A red SV BMF Bloodbath with a Bare Knuckle AfterMath set in it.

I'm all about the Washburn dimebags and USA dean custom shop MLF's. Even had Brent Gutierrez make me a one-off neck thru job with all his tricks in it(best guitar I own). They are the only guitars that don't look like a ukulele on my 6'3 frame.

I hear you. I'm 6'5" and play Steinbergers

Attachments

• DSC_0007.JPG
    DSC_0007.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,165
Back