I sure like the way this turned out (Holdsworth Charvel)

Rdodson

I've been wanting to do this for years, but in the last 9 months finally made it happen.

This is definitely in the "tribute" category, as it is not a real Charvel, but...

48985696433_460b1e3c78_b.jpg

I'll try and post a vid in the next few days, but this is about as close to Allan's red one as I could get.

Looks great. I still remember the Charvel add with him in a tux with this guitar, it used to be in all the mags in the 80s.

Looks Awesome! I remember those ads as well. Man how time flys as I just turned 48 this year and I sure do miss being a teenager in the late 80's...Anyway Cool guitar! :thumbsup:

Wow ! Love it man simple but to the point . Its got a sleeper muscle car vibe . What pickup did you go with ?

I sourced all the parts to be as accurate as possible and then had my good luthier friend Spencer Deaton put it together. I couldn’t find a DiMarzio strat bridge so I got a special order Callaham with the narrow spacing and brass block like the DiMarzio. SD 59 neck pickup (he didn’t use the SD AH pickup). It has the Rosso Corsa red, the same spec basswood body cut from the #28 template and swimming pool route. I couldn’t find Gotoh crown heads, so I put the Gotoh locking. 16” radius ebony fingerboard, chunky maple neck. The thing rings like a bell, very piano like and sustains for days.

I really lucked out - the body and neck came from different sources, but fit together so perfectly that Spencer said the thing nearly didn’t need a neck plate.

It is not meant to copy the customer build Holdsworth models but Allan’s personal model that Bill Delap now owns.

Back