First show with my new G-System rig tonight...

ACShreds

I spent 10 hours working on it last night and ive gotten everything (minus the wah) working pretty much exactly how i want. i started at 11:00 pm and just now finished it at 9:00 am, so now im gonna take a nap so hopefully i'll wake up before load in at the venue :LOL: :LOL:

Man i honestly dont know how ive gone this long without it. This was easily the best time ive had playing live. No tap dancing at all, plus my whole tone sounded amazing, and the set up was a breeze. definitely gonna keep this thing for a long time....or until something better comes out haha. heres some pics of my rig all set up. Ive got the Line 6 G90 wireless which is awesome. also inside the rack ive got my Ibanez AF-2 Flanger and my OCD in the G's loops.

148846_451012066115_506111115_5876778_254079_n.jpg

74063_451011981115_506111115_5876777_5593645_n.jpg

What expression pedals are those? Did you run the guitar into the front of the Gsystem? I tried it, but too much tone suck for me, though it really would make things easier.

Very nice by the way. I have a limited as well. Would love to get the red pedals to match. :D

Awesome rig! I'd love to have a G-System. Too expensive for me.

I really want to get a new compressor, a reverb, a HBE Frostbite Flanger, and a RJM system with a MIDI board to control the whole rig. I do a lot of quick switching between clean and dirty sounds in my original music (Prog. Metal), and I sing as well. I can't be tap dancing. Need to go from the lead channel with a clean boost to the clean channel/a different amp for cleans with reverb/compression/chorus in an instant. Love to put together a MIDI rig together so I can create patches to do this stuff. Setting up a rig like that is too expensive for me right now :( Can't really do it on the cheap with the Mesa, since it's not MIDI.

Shark Diver":pqj9iedu said:
What expression pedals are those? Did you run the guitar into the front of the Gsystem? I tried it, but too much tone suck for me, though it really would make things easier.

Very nice by the way. I have a limited as well. Would love to get the red pedals to match. :D
Those pedals are both EP1-TC pedals from Mission Engineering, they're made specifically for the g system and work great. They also make them in multiple colors for no additional charge so naturally i went with red to match haha. As far as the connection goes im running it with the 4 cable method, and no coloration at all. I still need to set it up with my Decimator G string pedal which i excluded for the sake of time setting it all up, but other than that im really happy with the way it sounds and so were my bandmates.

CaseyCor":3cvhqwhh said:
Awesome rig! I'd love to have a G-System. Too expensive for me.

I really want to get a new compressor, a reverb, a HBE Frostbite Flanger, and a RJM system with a MIDI board to control the whole rig. I do a lot of quick switching between clean and dirty sounds in my original music (Prog. Metal), and I sing as well. I can't be tap dancing. Need to go from the lead channel with a clean boost to the clean channel/a different amp for cleans with reverb/compression/chorus in an instant. Love to put together a MIDI rig together so I can create patches to do this stuff. Setting up a rig like that is too expensive for me right now :( Can't really do it on the cheap with the Mesa, since it's not MIDI.
yeah i hear ya. the only reason i even was able to get one was because i got a promotion and my job, and since i have no bills to pay i was finally able to get enough money at once to nab one. The relay switches on it are really good with the mesa, being able to switch from a nice clean tone with chorus and reverb to a high gain solo patch with the amps boost on at the press of a button was just awesome. this is really the first ive ever been tapdance free and now i dont think ill ever be able to go back lol

Welcome to the G-System brotherhood. I've been gigging with mine for about 2 years now and I still love it. The ability to control everything in real time and to program one button to turn on everything you want in a preset from amp channel to fx is incredible. Enjoy.

Back