Got $60 to burn at GC, help me Spend It

With $60.00, I also immediately thought of a good clip tuner or strings. It looks like you don’t really need another tuner, but I bought a couple to toss in various guitar cases / accessory bags just so I never found myself at rehearsal or a show without one.

As far as strings, now that so many manufacturers pack them sealed in plastic, they have a lot longer shelf life than when they were all packed in little paper envelopes.

Seconded but I think they are more than 70 bucks now. Man I will never use a piece of shit snark again since I got a Peterson.
Still $60 for me: https://www.guitarcenter.com/Peterson/StroboClip-HD-Clip-On-Tuner.gc. $66 if you're counting tax. Agreed that the Peterson is better. I didn't own a Snark before, but before buying the Peterson I went through enough youtube videos to see that the Peterson is the more sensitive instrument. However, while I like tuning with it, I will say that two of my guitar playing buddies don't like using it when they borrow it from me. Of course the only instructions I gave them was "left is flat, right is sharp, still is tuned" so maybe it's on me.

It expires 4/30, so I might have time.
Be careful on the 10 packs of XLs, all of mine were crushed and kinked from three separate boxes. The shipping box wasn't.
They don't do returns/refunds on strings. I saw they had the Arturia minilab for $50 when I was there a couple days ago if you're into that sort of thing.

The government seems to keep careful track. My math teacher always told me to round up to the nearest ten, what a prick eh?

BTW I picked up those Eminence Paul Franklins. They sounded pretty good out of the box, smooth, but are still pretty dang stiff and tight yet. I only have five or six hours on them and not at top volume. I hit them a little harder at rehearsal saturday and they seemed to start opening a little more but seem like they got a ways to go yet. You can definitely hear the roll off past 3.5 like you mentioned but there is still plenty of treble on tap, It's not muddy or anything. it'll bite you with the volume but not with actual harsh piercing high end treble notes. They should work out nicely if I stay strong enough to carry the damn amp, lol.

BTW I picked up those Eminence Paul Franklins. They sounded pretty good out of the box, smooth, but are still pretty dang stiff and tight yet. I only have five or six hours on them and not at top volume. I hit them a little harder at rehearsal saturday and they seemed to start opening a little more but seem like they got a ways to go yet. You can definitely hear the roll off past 3.5 like you mentioned but there is still plenty of treble on tap, It's not muddy or anything. it'll bite you with the volume but not with actual harsh piercing high end treble notes. They should work out nicely if I stay strong enough to carry the damn amp, lol.
I was wondering about that, glad you found a (marginally) cheaper option that worked out!

I was wondering about that, glad you found a (marginally) cheaper option that worked out!
They should serve me well. And many MANY thanks to you for being the guy who helped me out the most on that deal. I'll try to deliver some results to you one of these days that you can check out. I had the amp fully re-capped , fully retubed, and loaded with Tung Sols and EHX preamp tubes. It also had a loose choke that was replaced. The '72 has almost been totally rebuilt inside. I have a full tilt boogie gig in a couple weeks, hopefully I will walk away with something quality I can share with you.

They should serve me well. And many MANY thanks to you for being the guy who helped me out the most on that deal. I'll try to deliver some results to you one of these days that you can check out. I had the amp fully re-capped , fully retubed, and loaded with Tung Sols and EHX preamp tubes. It also had a loose choke that was replaced. The '72 has almost been totally rebuilt inside. I have a full tilt boogie gig in a couple weeks, hopefully I will walk away with something quality I can share with you.
I figured you for blackplates or nothing, haha.

Sure thing! I kinda got nerdsniped. Looking forward to any possible clips.

I figured you for blackplates or nothing, haha.
I try to live cheap so I can do what I want more i.e play guitar. That means no blackplates. I actually do have some Phillips NOS stuff but what's the point in loading the amp with them for ham and egg gigs? It's like I now need a thrid Twin Reverb for my black and orange D-120's reconed and NOS tubes just for recording and home use only. I have blown too many D series out gigging and gave up on them for that purpose.

Back