Got $60 to burn at GC, help me Spend It

skoora

Looking at cheap pedals so far, but nothing's leaping out at me as fun. Maybe a cheap MXR overdrive. Realistically I have all the bases covered already... Analog and dig delay, chorus, trem/Spring verb, numerous boosts and drives, fuzz, wah. What's a girl to do?
I wish I could put the 60 towards a Gibson SG or SLO but kind of a drop into Lake Superior on that one. lol.

Another useful cheap tool is one of those OneSpot adapters with the daisy chain kid included. $30 I think. Great if you have a lot of pedals, and you dont have a fancy power supply setup.

Got an sd1?
It’s like saying Got Milk…lol

Have owned a few over the years. My Sparkle drive kind of hits that spot. I was considering a used, cheap MXR Classic overdrive which might be in the same family as the SD1. I like aggressive boost/drive pedals. The MXR seems to have that character from the videos I’ve watched.

Any good guitar based synth pedals that 60 could chip away at? Something you could do some ghetto versions of new wave type synths etc?

Get some Percussion.. A Shaker, Chimes or a Slapabitch..

IMG_0661.gif

I have had a Snark for years also, but got the Peterson for Christmas, and is is WAYYY better. Not sure if it is fun, but a good useful tool for $60.
Seconded but I think they are more than 70 bucks now. Man I will never use a piece of shit snark again since I got a Peterson.

Another useful cheap tool is one of those OneSpot adapters with the daisy chain kid included. $30 I think.
The last refuge of Bob Weil. It's like he just gave up one day. Or retired.

I just got some and it saved me from taking my Stiletto to a tech.
Not sure I would stab my amp tech over some scratchy pots but guitarists do get testy when it comes to tone so I understand where you are coming from. A switchblade to the midsection will definitely get someone's attention.

lol……I just got some and it saved me from taking my Stiletto to a tech. The sound was ridiculously low and a tube swap with other good tubes wasn’t changing anything. After spraying and working all the tube sockets it was fine.
I huff the stuff. I like it better than the gold paint.

My Mark IV was like a different amp after saturating it.

Back