Any of You Guys Into Vaping?

"Thankfully" I've had difficulty getting nic salts; just the usual stuff.

Apparently nic salts are made by soaking tobacco leaves and you get all the associated plant compounds as opposed to just the isolated nic.

This would explain why they're more-efficient (more-satisfying) and less-harmful.

I'd have guessed that they'd be less-addictive, so it's interesting to hear your POV Brother CentristNutz. The usual pattern regarding ingestion of foods and other substances is that the more-toxic / processed they are, the more-addictive.

If you plan on staying on nicotine (I know people that love it, and have no intention of quitting), then do the nic salts because it's WAY better than the regular stuff. That is if you can get it.

You'll need a special vape pen for it too. Where I'm at these are super cheap like $30

The government really dealt a major blow to vaping at least here in the U.S a few years back but most vapers I'm aware of bought shit tons of nicotine and mods/ atomizers to last them well into the future.

Yeah, and that was total horse shit because those dumb ass kids that were dying, or getting permanent lung damage was not from legit nicotine vape. It was from illegal black market THC vape pens.

If you plan on staying on nicotine (I know people that love it, and have no intention of quitting), then do the nic salts because it's WAY better than the regular stuff. That is if you can get it.

You'll need a special vape pen for it too. Where I'm at these are super cheap like $30

Afaik most liquids are made with salt nic. Hits a little bit harder too.

Yup, that's exactly what I was sayin' bro.

Isolating a compound ignores its contextual value. Nature's designs are sophisticated.

As I said, I have difficulty getting it, which is ridiculous.

Na... works absolutely-fine in a regular DTL atomiser.

I can only guess that this "myth" came about 'cause peeps tried to use it at the same strength they were accustomed to. In my case the level was low anyway - used to 3mg (started at 6 initially but quickly managed to get that down) and 3mg was just-fine for the nic salts too.

If I were a 12mg vaper it might've been a different story.

EDIT:
I make my own juice, so maybe your info was based on peeps' buying ready-made stuff where they rely on whatever the manufactured strength is.

Yup, that's exactly what I was sayin' bro.

Isolating a compound ignores its contextual value. Nature's designs are sophisticated.

As I said, I have difficulty getting it, which is ridiculous.

Na... works absolutely-fine in a regular DTL atomiser.

I can only guess that this "myth" came about 'cause peeps tried to use it at the same strength they were accustomed to. In my case the level was low anyway - used to 3mg (started at 6 initially but quickly managed to get that down) and 3mg was just-fine for the nic salts too.

If I were a 12mg vaper it might've been a different story.

EDIT:
I make my own juice, so maybe your info was based on peeps' buying ready-made stuff where they rely on whatever the manufactured strength is.

So here's my experience, and why I say use the intended device.

The saltnic here comes in a small bottle, and is either 25mg, or 50mg of nicotine. Which as you know is super high for a standard vape.

Ok, we first tried it in a regular vape at the lowest setting, and it worked fine. If you turn it up you die :ROFLMAO: :sick:

Now I was curious, so I went ahead and bought the $30 saltnic device/pen/vape thing, and the experience was WAYYY better with the intended device. My wife tried it, and said get me one, or i'm taking yours. LOL

That's exactly what I guessed bro':

EDIT:
As I said, I make my own juice so I dilute the nic component to whatever I want it to be, which in my and my buddy's case is 3mg.

Actually, it usually works out to be 3.13mg - One 24mg, 30ml nic bottle added to 200ml mixed juice.

Sorry to hear that brother. ❤️

The reputable companies are fine. It's the small start-ups and THC-based ones I'd be wary of. Vitamin E acetate has been proven to be the #1 "killer", albeit only a tiny handful of peeps a year worldwide. The entire vaping world has known about its dangers when vaped for many years now, but there's always a minuscule number of peeps (they tend to be 15/16 year-old girls) that die every year. They're unfairly used by the media to demonise vaping.

Just to be 100%-safe I use only food-grade ingredients to make my juice, apart from the pure nicotine of course. It's overkill 'though; it's as much to save money as it is to make sure it's clean.

Sorry to hear that brother. ❤️

The reputable companies are fine. It's the small start-ups and THC-based ones I'd be wary of. Vitamin E acetate has been proven to be the #1 "killer", albeit only a tiny handful of peeps a year worldwide. The entire vaping world has known about its dangers when vaped for many years now, but there's always a minuscule number of peeps (they tend to be 15/16 year-old girls) that die every year. They're unfairly used by the media to demonise vaping.

Just to be 100%-safe I use only food-grade ingredients to make my juice, apart from the pure nicotine of course. It's overkill 'though; it's as much to save money as it is to make sure it's clean.
I think while there's a reduced risk of lung cancer, the nicotine is still brutal for hardening of the arteries and in many cases the nicotine content is higher with vaping. My father has smoked for 50 years and was drunk from the 60s until this decade, in which he has switched to vaping THC. He seems to have women the genetic lottery. I just think everyone has different genetics. I am hoping for my father's liver since I love my beer. My mother side is not so fortunate in that my uncle was a smoker and actually died 3 hours after his wedding of a heart attack. I'm not risking it. I'm 50 and back into running to keep my ticker healthy

I think while there's a reduced risk of lung cancer...
AFAIA there's zero risk mate. There's zero damage to the lungs... unless of course you vape Vitamin E acetate, as I mentioned earlier.

Super-low-quality products could conceivably contain residual contaminants, just like foodstuffs created in sub-optimal conditions. This is why I suggested one ought to stick to reputable companies or at least large ones that have been around for years, being able to afford the proper equipment to make juices "cleanly".

That said, my food-grade "cleanly" is obviously far-superior to the average company's philosophy, not that it'd be terrible or anything like that.

... the nicotine content is higher with vaping.
It's 100%-controllable, which it's not when it comes to tobacco products. Sure, they might give you a choice of 4, 8 or 12mg in a cigarette, but what if you want 3, 5, 7, 10 or whatever? As I said, my buddy and I use 3mg, tweaked ourselves.

The other thing is, nicotine is but 1 of many thousands of ingredients in commercial tobacco. Singling out nicotine and "ignoring" the 100%-carcinogenic poisons the vast majority of them are is missing the point IMHO.

As for your liver, there's a bunch of tricks you can employ to keep it pumpin' brother. Just keep its vigour up and you'll be 'right with the beer. :cheers2:

Seeing as there've been several MSM reports on Li-battery safety in vaping and peeps might be alarmed, here's a brief heads-up I've put together from the BBC and FDA that should put you in a safe place theoretically:

How likely is your e-cigarette to explode? | BBC
How to use e-cigarettes safely
Charge them only with the charger they come with
Don't leave them charging overnight
If batteries start to get hot, discard them
It's not a good idea to use them when charging
Do not modify products in any way
Do not use batteries if damaged, leaking or wet and dispose of them appropriately (via local refuse schemes)
Do not leave them plugged in once fully charged

Tips to Help Avoid Vape Battery or Fire Explosions | FDA
What Else Can I Do?
Until all vapes and vape batteries conform to strong and consistent safety standards, your best protection against vape battery fires or explosions may be knowing as much as possible about your device and how to properly handle and charge its batteries.

Make sure you read and understand the manufacturer's recommendations for use and care of your device. If your vape did not come with instructions or you have questions, contact the manufacturer.

Only use batteries recommended for your device. Don't mix different brands of batteries, don't use batteries with different charge levels, and don't use old and new batteries together.

Charge your vape on a clean, flat surface, away from anything that can easily catch fire and someplace you can clearly see it—not a couch or pillow where it may more easily overheat or get turned on accidentally.

Protect your vape from extreme temperatures by not leaving it in direct sunlight or in your car on a hot summer day or freezing cold night, and do not charge it in extreme temperatures.

Don't vape around flammable gasses or liquids, such as oxygen, propane, or gasoline.

Some images 'cause peeps like pics:

Pasted Graphic.tiff

Pasted Graphic 1.tiff

Pasted Graphic 2.tiff

Pasted Graphic 3.tiff

Pasted Graphic 4.tiff

Pasted Graphic 5.tiff

For those wanting to quit, and no idea how well this would work for anyone, check out the product FUM. You hold it like a cigarette, but you insert essential oil (felt insert soaked in the oil), and you puff on different flavors, e.g., orange oil. It gives you the 'habit' without breathing in nicotine, etc.

Yeah, I've seen those and they do appeal to some.

The "problem" most smokers and vapers would have with them is that there's no visible smoke or vapour. It's a psychologically-addicting thing and ultimately-satisfying from a smoker's / vaper's POV to feel the smoke hit one's throat and see it as one exhales.

Yeah, I've seen those and they do appeal to some.

The "problem" most smokers and vapers would have with them is that there's no visible smoke or vapour. It's a psychologically-addicting thing and ultimately-satisfying from a smoker's / vaper's POV to feel the smoke hit one's throat and see it as one exhales.
I don't think it's seeing it (imagine smoking in the dark, does that affect your enjoyment?). But you're not actually inhaling that smoke... you don't get that sensation or satisfaction. What you get is the 'habit,' of replacing something, which is why people likely sucked on and chewed on straws or toothpicks, etc.

I've been vaping for a while, and I totally get your concern. It's essential to be cautious about what you're inhaling, especially with all the media hype surrounding vaping-related incidents. I've stuck to reputable brands like Slushie E Liquids for a while now, and I've never had any issues. It's comforting to know they prioritize quality ingredients. And yeah, I agree, the media tends to blow things out of proportion, often unfairly targeting vaping. I think it's great that you're making your own juice with food-grade ingredients. It's all about peace of mind, right?

Last edited:
Your post sounds like an AI @Buffiebe, straight out of central casting. No serious vaper buys any of the shit put forward by the MSM.

Show me you're not a 🤖 by engaging in a conversation with me please.

You have 3 days...

Update on the price of tobacco here in Oz:

Last I mentioned it here, my 30g pouch cost $76. Seems they've implemented yet another jump in the taxes; get this:

Last week I paid $90 for it, and that was at the supermarket when it would've been close to $100 from a tobacconist.

Facepalm - Paris Tuileries Garden Facepalm Statue.jpg

Thank God for vaping 'cause it takes me months to get through these 30g pouches.

Update on the price of tobacco here in Oz:

Last I mentioned it here, my 30g pouch cost $76. Seems they've implemented yet another jump in the taxes; get this:

Last week I paid $90 for it, and that was at the supermarket when it would've been close to $100 from a tobacconist.

View attachment 297047

Thank God for vaping 'cause it takes me months to get through these 30g pouches.
Was it NZ where they wanted to ban tobacco?

Yeah I think so.

IIRC they were talking about it several months ago.
That include vaping... are they after the nicotine? I smoke the odd cigar... if I'm relaxing with a few drinks (not very often), I could even have a few cigarettes, although I don't buy them (if someone is around I'll bum). But, this is likely one good thing. I think what should be avoided is naturally grown tobacco, particularly if it's part of a culture. You consider a lot of middle-eastern cultures smoke from those water pipes, or natives/aborigines who smoke. Banning youths don't seem to matter... they're smoking at age 10, and even giving BJs for cigarettes in playgrounds. Not sure what to do about any of it.

Back