BREAKING Metal News: Morbid Angel stops their set in Tampa, Trey Azagthoth unable to keep playing

So sad. I've seen Fear Factory + Morbid Angel in Paris about 20 years ago. One of the most amazing live performance I've ever witnessed. Just listening to Pete Sandoval warming up on the drumkit half an hour before the concert during the soundcheck was really something to behold. Trey played like a beast during the whole set. The guy is definitely a legend.

Opiates/Heroin is old news, nobody wastes their time with those because they’re too weak.
He’s locked up because of the back-up,
not constipation, the poisons that are on the BACKSIDE of whatever he ingested.
That’s a grim sign of psych-ward levels of RLS.
Prolly crankin’ down on some Tricyclic’s
& crystal Meth potentiator’s (stronger then Meth
in much more barbaric ways).

Pile it all up & do it all at once and the end
result is that dude.

Christ you literally have no idea what you’re talking about, per usual. I didn’t realize opiates like fentanyl are “ old news” and “weak”. While I’m fully well aware that more than likely what Trey experienced has nothing to do with said opiate, you still are just full of rambling none factual nonsense, per usual.

Yeah, man...there's an interview up done last week with him before the show in Rochester and he seemed like he was definitely on shit and I got the vibe he was not doing good at all. Saw the footage this morning and sadly wasn't surprised.

I only made it to 44 seconds. Hard to watch. Reminds me of the interviews/stories when EVH was fucked up. Hope this guy gets pro treatment and not that fake treatment/rehab shit.

met him once while I was a little drunk. Told him I thought he looked like he was turning into a goat in one of their videos. kinda freaked him out a little.....good times. sad to see anybody like this though.

I dunno. Seems like his OBVIOUS ISSUES should be addressed by his bandmates and management. Instead of touring someone in that condition in the name of cash.
This isnt like 84 or 92 when bands routinely would bail on sets. That shit isnt acceptable and the crowds arent getting what they are paying for.
Disgusting money grab by the rest of anyone involved in decision making. Yhe tour should be cancelled and he needs medical and psychological help ASAP.Just my opinion.

I dunno. Seems like his OBVIOUS ISSUES should be addressed by his bandmates and management. Instead of touring someone in that condition in the name of cash.
This isnt like 84 or 92 when bands routinely would bail on sets. That shit isnt acceptable and the crowds arent getting what they are paying for.
Disgusting money grab by the rest of anyone involved in decision making. Yhe tour should be cancelled and he needs medical and psychological help ASAP.Just my opinion.
Thankfully last night was the last show of the US tour and there aren't any dates for Europe yet. Hopefully he and everyone around him are honest with themselves (I know his mom was saying it was due to his back injury and that's why he "seized up"...) and he does take the steps to get healthy.

Saw this last night and at first thought “Oh dude, that’s what happens to me when I throw my back/neck/shoulder out!” I’ll lock up like it’s a cramp and after a few minutes I can start getting movement again.

That interview vid, the first thing I thought was “Looks just like Ed around ‘04 when he was chugging cheap wine and smoking meth/crack” (anyone remember when Friedman posted the 5153 with crackpipe burns all over it he tried saying were from the feet of another amp?)

And I think what Dino was referring to with heroin being old news is that no one is getting legit heroin anymore, if it even does contain any heroin, it’s still cut/mixed with fentanyl. Not sure how much more time will pass before everyone fully realizes how fucking nasty fentanyl is, but before long it’ll be like cancer; everyone will have a story about someone in their lives and fentanyl. Last year I put my ex-girlfriend through sober living after a 12-year opiate addiction that started with pills, turned to heroin and quickly went to fentanyl (she’s 15 months sober) and 4 weeks ago my sister had my nephew removed from her custody because she’s hooked on it and failed 4 piss tests in a row (this is after a 20 year addiction to opiates starting with pain pills). Fortunately, I never developed a mental addiction to any of the substances I used to flood in my body, just physical dependence which sucks enough, but not that bad where I couldn’t kick anything. Personally, I didn’t like fentanyl, it felt like a cold/digital version of legit opiates, but when it hits the same receptors and it’s all that’s available, I’m not surprised in the least bit that’s what people are dying for.

When my ex was in sober living I started taking classes to become a peer resource counselor, while I can’t give medical advice, I volunteer at a rehab just to shoot the shit with addicts, generally as a fail safe if they’re trying to bail during a meeting. So many stories are exactly the same and I blame a lot of early drug prevention for this shit; almost everyone says “I didn’t think it was as bad as they said”, which echoes my own thoughts on drugs after finding out that weed wasn’t truly as bad as I was told it was in the 80’s 90’s. Fentanyl is no fucking joke.

Christ you literally have no idea what you’re talking about, per usual. I didn’t realize opiates like fentanyl are “ old news” and “weak”. While I’m fully well aware that more than likely what Trey experienced has nothing to do with said opiate, you still are just full of rambling none factual nonsense, per usual.
My question is why does dino type
like this
like he doesn't know
how a computer or phone works
like my grandmother used
to do.

As a fan I was hoping that in lockdown Trey would write/record a great album but it seems that now he likes to play with dolls more, what a waste of talent

Saw this last night and at first thought “Oh dude, that’s what happens to me when I throw my back/neck/shoulder out!” I’ll lock up like it’s a cramp and after a few minutes I can start getting movement again.

That interview vid, the first thing I thought was “Looks just like Ed around ‘04 when he was chugging cheap wine and smoking meth/crack” (anyone remember when Friedman posted the 5153 with crackpipe burns all over it he tried saying were from the feet of another amp?)

And I think what Dino was referring to with heroin being old news is that no one is getting legit heroin anymore, if it even does contain any heroin, it’s still cut/mixed with fentanyl. Not sure how much more time will pass before everyone fully realizes how fucking nasty fentanyl is, but before long it’ll be like cancer; everyone will have a story about someone in their lives and fentanyl. Last year I put my ex-girlfriend through sober living after a 12-year opiate addiction that started with pills, turned to heroin and quickly went to fentanyl (she’s 15 months sober) and 4 weeks ago my sister had my nephew removed from her custody because she’s hooked on it and failed 4 piss tests in a row (this is after a 20 year addiction to opiates starting with pain pills). Fortunately, I never developed a mental addiction to any of the substances I used to flood in my body, just physical dependence which sucks enough, but not that bad where I couldn’t kick anything. Personally, I didn’t like fentanyl, it felt like a cold/digital version of legit opiates, but when it hits the same receptors and it’s all that’s available, I’m not surprised in the least bit that’s what people are dying for.

When my ex was in sober living I started taking classes to become a peer resource counselor, while I can’t give medical advice, I volunteer at a rehab just to shoot the shit with addicts, generally as a fail safe if they’re trying to bail during a meeting. So many stories are exactly the same and I blame a lot of early drug prevention for this shit; almost everyone says “I didn’t think it was as bad as they said”, which echoes my own thoughts on drugs after finding out that weed wasn’t truly as bad as I was told it was in the 80’s 90’s. Fentanyl is no fucking joke.

I appreciate you sharing that story and thank you for what you are doing.

My question is why does dino type
like this
like he doesn't know
how a computer or phone works
like my grandmother used
to do.
If I want to hear non sensical ramblings from an OG Floridian, I can get that for free here, courtesy of Dino939 instead of wasting $50 or more at a Sordid Bagel concert.

Trey was a gif like Dino hand hetfield with the right hand
i see him more like a Steve vai in the underground music scene haha .... is such a waste of talent of he being a drug abuse.... it was somewhere year 1996 or 1997 where Morbid angel did their live (chaos in entanglement), one of the best live album out there....

Back