BREAKING Metal News: Morbid Angel stops their set in Tampa, Trey Azagthoth unable to keep playing

He's a fucking trainwreck. Drugs and booze. Saw them in Columbus last weekend. They had hem shut off. He had stage volume but nothing coming through the house. I know guys that are on the tour with him and they said he's been staying up for 3 days straight. It's a shame. He needs serious help. May be too late .

He's a fucking trainwreck. Drugs and booze. Saw them in Columbus last weekend. They had hem shut off. He had stage volume but nothing coming through the house. I know guys that are on the tour with him and they said he's been staying up for 3 days straight. It's a shame. He needs serious help. May be too late .
Yeah, man...there's an interview up done last week with him before the show in Rochester and he seemed like he was definitely on shit and I got the vibe he was not doing good at all. Saw the footage this morning and sadly wasn't surprised.

I saw them two weeks ago in Joliet, IL. Trey was really low in the mix and what you could hear was pretty sloppy.
He had this weird chirping sound in his playing, as If a pickup was set too high and a string was hitting it, or like he had a metal pick or something, it was very peculiar and unpleasant. The rest of the band was tight af and spot on, and that other guitarist is a fucking death metal beast.

I saw them two weeks ago in Joliet, IL. Trey was really low in the mix and what you could hear was pretty sloppy.
He had this weird chirping sound in his playing, as If a pickup was set too high and a string was hitting it, or like he had a metal pick or something, it was very peculiar and unpleasant. The rest of the band was tight af and spot on, and that other guitarist is a fucking death metal beast.
That’s the sound of the filth from his chemical intake catching up with him.
It’s coming out of his finger tips.
Sour feel, sour smell..sour touch.

They need to Baker Act him somehow,
-like Johnny Knoxville did for Steve-O.
HOWEVER, a person can change their mind
any second and only they can figure that out themselves.

Lying to yourself is a great business,
-you have a customer for life!
But that rapacious creditor always collects!

When someone’s toasted to the T like he is,
He is a DANGER to others by impairment.
Hog tie him & get him help.

Much luck dude,
-you got a reason to live…and it ain’t to get loaded.

Last edited:
I’m thinking the new Orpheum is cursed. Last weekend the generator dies at that place 3 songs in to entheos set, everything stopped for 2+ hours, and now this this weekend. What a shitshow.

Yeah, man...there's an interview up done last week with him before the show in Rochester and he seemed like he was definitely on shit and I got the vibe he was not doing good at all. Saw the footage this morning and sadly wasn't surprised.

i came here to post this. Dude probably mixed too much stuff at that gig. in this interview, he is on opiate pain meds here for sure. 100%. probably just those alone, based on how hes making sense, but still sounds intoxicated. i've had enough addicts in my life of everything, i can usually match a substance to a behavior like a 6th sense. plus his mommy said it was a back injury so he's probably got all kinds of scripts for that.

that tour has been ROUGH, SON! venue roof collapse causeing death and injury, one of the opening bands had a member break an arm, now this.

Last edited:
hes always been a really weird guy. i'm not sure how well liked his is by his peers in the death metal scene in america. I liked early morbid angel, but i'm not sure he's a "legend". Seems like substance and video games have derailed him quite a bit. He certainly looks like shit. His playing is so abstract that he can get away with a certain level of slop, especially when his band is rock solid. His you tube channel has some bizarre shit on it https://www.youtube.com/@darksprocket5175w
here he is, after a few pops, talking to dolls and playing pc games. :oops:

im not even a huge morbid fan but i think the dude is definitely a legend, im listening to altars of madness now and its crazy thinking this came out in 89 or whenever, it really rips as hard as anything before or since.

i came here to post this. Dude probably mixed too much stuff at that gig. in this interview, he is on opiate pain meds here for sure. 100%. probably just those alone, based on how hes making sense, but still sounds intoxicated. i've had enough addicts in my life of everything, i can usually match a substance to a behavior like a 6th sense. plus his mommy said it was a back injury so he's probably got all kinds of scripts for that.
Yeah, man - in the footage from last night it looks like he locked-up bent sideways and I've seen that too many times from people on opiates - especially in this area before they tightened-up on the pill mills in Houston (Tampa was a huge hub for oxy, also - Houston hydrocodone), people on soma and various opiates would actually look to get to that level, some would call it a "soma coma" but it'd be from a mix of carisoprodol and opiates.

Hopefully Trey can get his shit together, I've seen so many people die behind these fucking opiates over the years...lost my little brother to heroin and none of it is to play with but it's easy to get into, especially if you hurt your back or are injured and are prescribed them.

Yeah, man - in the footage from last night it looks like he locked-up bent sideways and I've seen that too many times from people on opiates - especially in this area before they tightened-up on the pill mills in Houston (Tampa was a huge hub for oxy, also - Houston hydrocodone), people on soma and various opiates would actually look to get to that level, some would call it a "soma coma" but it'd be from a mix of carisoprodol and opiates.

Hopefully Trey can get his shit together, I've seen so many people die behind these fucking opiates over the years...lost my little brother to heroin and none of it is to play with but it's easy to get into, especially if you hurt your back or are injured and are prescribed them.
Opiates/Heroin is old news, nobody wastes their time with those because they’re too weak.
He’s locked up because of the back-up,
not constipation, the poisons that are on the BACKSIDE of whatever he ingested.
That’s a grim sign of psych-ward levels of RLS.
Prolly crankin’ down on some Tricyclic’s
& crystal Meth potentiator’s (stronger then Meth
in much more barbaric ways).

Pile it all up & do it all at once and the end
result is that dude.

Man, I hope they get him into rehab .... FAST !!!!
He's tipping into the abyss.

Back