New ESP models

Guys...I hate to interject here on the priciing issue: but it's impossible to have the "overpriced LTDs" conversation without talking about inflation. Generally speaking, the costs of goods and services are inflated dramatically across the board. the materials, labor, storage, and shipping of guitars has risen over 30% in the last 24 months. Even the financing and credit facilities used to operate these companies has gone to sub 5.00% to nearly 11.00%. The manufacturers cannot maintain profit margins without passing these costs along to the consumer. The next time the government offers to dump 3 trillion dollars of fake, printed, fiat currency into the market and send everyone checks as essentially a bribe to stay home, not work, close their businesses, take their kids out of school and generally forfiet the majority of the liberties that the constitution garuntees them; well maybe we should all think twice and consider non-compliance as a patriotic duty.

OK...Sorry, I'm done.
Damn right, and well said.

Yea those EC-01s have caught my eye, and they have their own version of the Duncan Custom that might be cool. Wonder if they'll do an MIJ version. The Royal Shiva also looks interesting. I didn't realize they did the vintage silver sunburst on the BK-600 would like to see how that looks in person.
That Royal Shiva looks a lot like a Yamaha SG to me. Those old Yamaha's are great guitars.

I dig this Bill Kelliher model -

original.png
This one also has the Yamaha SG shape.

This one also has the Yamaha SG shape.
It’s similar, but I’d wager it’s more than likely just a copy of one of his First Act Lola DC Customs, tons of metal guys were playing the First Act custom stuff in the late ‘00’s and early ‘10s because they were basically giving them out to whoever (and they’re fucking awesome too), I regret not snagging one when I had the chance but I was with ESP at the time. Kelliher always has the best sigs, the man’s got taste.

First Act model in question:

IMG_2925.jpeg

Last edited:
It’s similar, but I’d wager it’s more than likely just a copy of one of his First Act Lola DC Customs, tons of metal guys were playing the First Act custom stuff in the late ‘00’s and early ‘10s because they were basically giving them out to whoever (and they’re fucking awesome too), I regret not snagging one when I had the chance but I was with ESP at the time. Kelliher always has the best sigs, the man’s got taste.

First Act model in question:

View attachment 281924
Oh yeah. I remember Matt Pike had a 9 string like that.

Oh yeah. I remember Matt Pike had a 9 string like that.
Indeed, the one in the photo was just off a quick google search and it belonged to one of the guys in Architects, I guess. One of the other guys in the band I was in had two of them, one was the firebird looking model they had in Silverburst and then one of these DC’s modeled/reliced after Willie Nelson’s “Trigger” guitar, both are awesome. If I remember right it was some luthiers who left Gibson and started First Act but my memory is hazy on the details. Knew quite a few dudes in full-time bands around that time who had’em. Very rad guitars.

I dig the new Kelliher signature because I always thought Yamaha SGs were cool and the idea of a SG type guitar with full Les Paul thickness is great.

Theres a company called Woodright making a guitar that looks a lot like the new Kelliher signature as well. Indonisian made for $1400 when in stock. I think they do them in periodic short runs. The Kelliher shape is slightly more appealing though.
https://doesitdoom.com/product/warlord/

I disagree. They used to be made in the same factory, but the quality control standards are way different (in my experience for both). I've never played a terrible LTD, personally. And every PRS SE I've ever owned (except for one) has had at least one defect.

LTD's (the expensive ones) that is come with way better hardware and electronics too, for the most part. Electronics, especially.

That being said... 2K is still ridiculous for an LTD, agreed.
Yeah. The 1000-series level LTDs are legit guitars that I wouldn't hesitate to play out. And they are easy to replace or exchange if you happen to get a dud or somehow break it on the road.

2k is a lot, but there's a market for people who just want to show up to the local guitar shop and pick a guitar. My local GC has a used Caparison and a new Jackson SL3. Knowing nothing out country of origin, I think the LTD Hammett sig they have is a nicer looking and playing guitar, and even knowing that stuff I probably still would pick the LTD.

I dig the new Kelliher signature because I always thought Yamaha SGs were cool and the idea of a SG type guitar with full Les Paul thickness is great.

Theres a company called Woodright making a guitar that looks a lot like the new Kelliher signature as well. Indonisian made for $1400 when in stock. I think they do them in periodic short runs. The Kelliher shape is slightly more appealing though.
https://doesitdoom.com/product/warlord/
ESP and LTD Vipers are full thickness guitars, well the ones I've owned were. Also the Yamaha revstar are kinda SG shaped and they are full thickness guitars. It's just Gibson that cheaps out.

They are going to have one.. it will be 6k+ . I kind of wish they just did another LTD run of kamikaze with ebony board. I find the " desert" theme a bit drab.
Hey Kapo! Is this confirmed on the Custom Shop version? I can’t seem to find any confirmation anywhere. $6k is unreal to say the least but I think I’m one of those born every minute. To say I’m obsessed would be an understatement! Lol
Thanks in advance for any insight!

Anyone digging the new prices?
Me personally, I'd rather get a used Edwards or ESP from Japan. I was fortunate enough to be able to purchase a Kiso custom shop ESP from Big Boss Tokyo.

As far as the new LTD prices, as someone else here had mentioned, because of inflation and whatnot..the prices are pretty much 'it is what it is' :(

Much as been said in this thread that is valid. As an ESP snob I've owned a ton of W-serial Korean LTDs as well. The 1000 series as well as the 600 level signature series guitars out of World Music are damn fine instruments. They've always had QC that was on par with Fenders at double the price & Gibsons at triple. While I do like the old ESP logoed SS serial guitars a bit more, I've seen enough bad E-IIs that those are generally suspect to me.

That said inflation is what it is- this is just the new cost of doing business. I've been tracking ESP prices for a long time as well as I buy & sell a lot of them, and while I don't love the new normal I understand it. Also keep in mind all the $1500+ ones are generally coming with a hardshell case where the cheaper ones generally are not.

All that being said, a bunch of guys including myself scored the deal of the year on Saturday at our local Guitar Centers... Gotta make way for the new 2024 models! :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_2753 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_2753 - Copy.jpg
    366.7 KB · Views: 25
  • KHV.jpg
    KHV.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 23
Much as been said in this thread that is valid. As an ESP snob I've owned a ton of W-serial Korean LTDs as well. The 1000 series as well as the 600 level signature series guitars out of World Music are damn fine instruments. They've always had QC that was on par with Fenders at double the price & Gibsons at triple. While I do like the old ESP logoed SS serial guitars a bit more, I've seen enough bad E-IIs that those are generally suspect to me.

That said inflation is what it is- this is just the new cost of doing business. I've been tracking ESP prices for a long time as well as I buy & sell a lot of them, and while I don't love the new normal I understand it. Also keep in mind all the $1500+ ones are generally coming with a hardshell case where the cheaper ones generally are not.

All that being said, a bunch of guys including myself scored the deal of the year on Saturday at our local Guitar Centers... Gotta make way for the new 2024 models! :cool:
Awesome score! What do you think of the KH V?
I've tried the E-ii SV in the past but it wasn't memorable unfortunately.

So far I'm a fan. The good-
- It has solid upper fret access where there are a number of V models that don't have body relief in that space & are not as easy.
- It has great fretwork and as flat of a neck as can be expected at this price point.
- It has the Extra Thin U neck profile which is the only one I'm interested in. The Thin U profile is too thick for me.
- The finish looks killer in person and the masking is as good as can be expected for a guitar in this price point.
- No neck dive.

The bad-
- The case is massive & heavy. (Same with all their Vs and Explorers)
- The nut is plastic. (I wish the highest end LTDs got a real nut)
- The LTD finish is a little stickier on the back of the neck than the ESP gloss finishes. (could be fixed with sanding if desired)

So far I'm a fan. The good-
- It has solid upper fret access where there are a number of V models that don't have body relief in that space & are not as easy.
- It has great fretwork and as flat of a neck as can be expected at this price point.
- It has the Extra Thin U neck profile which is the only one I'm interested in. The Thin U profile is too thick for me.
- The finish looks killer in person and the masking is as good as can be expected for a guitar in this price point.
- No neck dive.

The bad-
- The case is massive & heavy. (Same with all their Vs and Explorers)
- The nut is plastic. (I wish the highest end LTDs got a real nut)
- The LTD finish is a little stickier on the back of the neck than the ESP gloss finishes. (could be fixed with sanding if desired)
Nice, so if you replace the nut, it's pretty much golden..hahah.
Cases for pointies are always massive (and damn heavy) unfortunately. I had the skb semi rigid gig bag that worked out great for Vs, but still a bit bulky.

They are going to have one.. it will be 6k+ . I kind of wish they just did another LTD run of kamikaze with ebony board. I find the " desert" theme a bit drab.

They are already taking pre-orders......late 2024, early 2025 delivery.
$6999 pre-order, for the one I saw on Reverb.

Attachments

• ESP Desert Eagle.jpg
    ESP Desert Eagle.jpg
    350.5 KB · Views: 16
They are already taking pre-orders......late 2024, early 2025 delivery.
$6999 pre-order, for the one I saw on Reverb.

Man that's a lot of cash for an ESP. Cheaper to go direct to George and get one of his custom ( or abominations ) depending on how you look at his various designs lol. Some are out there..

Back