What’s an amp you want to give a second chance

There were some amps I crossed off my list in the past and revisited because I didn’t try the right version/revision (Recto’s, vh4, Uber and slo as some examples), but since correcting that years ago I don’t really have amps I wanna revisit, just a few amps left I need to actually try lol

Soldano SLO. Sovtek copies of Russian military tubes are not as musical as the old stock. Cheap glass and criminal underbias of the power section turns me WAY off.

I'd really like to give the Mesa Rectifier another chance. Of all the amps I've gone through over the years, that's the only one that I'm kind of always keeping an eye out for a good local deal.

I wouldn't mind giving the Sovtek Mig100 another go. I think I paid $100 for the one I had in like 2005, and sold it for $150.
man after owning a half dozen different rectos over the years, try to find an older two channel F or G. this tremoverb was a gamechanger for me and i generally like rectos; but if the other f and G's sound like this i might start hunting a revC or even a pre 500 if i can swing it this year..
my last 3 channel triple rec wasnt even close and i liked that amp..

If I thought there was the smallest chance I’d be playing modern metal again, I’d go buy a Randall Satan(120w) again.
A f*cking great amp for modern tones, and didn’t need any OD/EQ pedals.

If I thought there was the smallest chance I’d be playing modern metal again, I’d go buy a Randall Satan(120w) again.
A f*cking great amp for modern tones, and didn’t need any OD/EQ pedals.
I had one and it was cool . I sold since I got my Larry coming in a few months .

Nothing I want to retry. I am dying to try a wizard hell razor though.
M
I hope you give a big writeup with pictures and recordings. Not many people can order them and even fewer order them and are alive when they receive them. I’m not joking when I say that because Steve K (rip) never got to play one even though he ordered one.
When I get my Larry I will do that . I have big plans for my amp

I wouldnt mind giving these a second or third chance:

Soldano Avenger 50w
Fryette CLX
Splawn Nitro(1st version)
Mesa Rectifier Rev F
Mesa JP2c
Wizard MTL
EVH Stealth EL34 100w
ENGL SE
ENGL Artist

I'd probably go Diezel Herbert again. I got on with the amp originally and wouldn't mind giving it another go. Or maybe a Quick Rod. First QR I had was amazing, lost that amp in a rehearsal fire. Got another QR expecting the same and it was just way off. Not sure what happened there.

That said I tend to lean towards amps that were mainstays at one time and I moved on not because I didn't like them but I just don't keep alot of amps around. I'm a one amp guy, I get my sound and that's it until something makes me change. And it's generally the run of the mill stuff like a JSX, OG 5150 or even the reissue that I'd like to have again just to have.

Most of the boutique stuff I've gone through, no regrets on letting them go.
I have to know more about the rehearsal fire

Anything I owned 30 years ago. I had an early Bogner 101B with every conceivable thing on it
Bogner Ecstasy classic
Marshall Jubilee
Marshall 6100
Egnater TOL although it was a piece of shit
VHT pitbull
Diezel Einstein 50

Most of this stuff you can still find but I had to slow things down . I always wished I had spent more time playing and practicing than trying out and flipping gear. The other thing I found out is any amp I get , my ears tend to to attempt to gravitate to one tone and that's always been overdriven Marshall based.

Honestly, and I'm sure some will wince at this. The Marshall JMD:1 head, I had one for a while and sold it due to financial issues. It sounded pretty good on the lower gain settings, I dialed in something very reminiscent of Iron Maiden's live tone when they started using the JMP preamps.

Only reason I haven't bought one again is I heard they have reliability issues. Though the one I had worked fine.

roadking or jvm. My problem with the rk was I just had to keep fucking with it like rainman or a methhead. The jvm....at the time I also had my vh4 and the only time I messed with the jvm was when I was playing them in stereo. For some reason I just could not bond with it. My bro Chris(sdmf38) has the 210? and gets killer sounds from it. But he's one of those pricks that could make a toaster sound good. I hate you bro.....

Anything I owned 30 years ago. I had an early Bogner 101B with every conceivable thing on it
Bogner Ecstasy classic
Marshall Jubilee
Marshall 6100
Egnater TOL although it was a piece of shit
VHT pitbull
Diezel Einstein 50

Most of this stuff you can still find but I had to slow things down . I always wished I had spent more time playing and practicing than trying out and flipping gear. The other thing I found out is any amp I get , my ears tend to to attempt to gravitate to one tone and that's always been overdriven Marshall based.

Get out of my head!

The only amp I would like to try again is the JVM410HJS.
Really miss that one and should not have sold it.

I wouldnt mind giving these a second or third chance:

Soldano Avenger 50w
Fryette CLX
Splawn Nitro(1st version)
Mesa Rectifier Rev F
Mesa JP2c
Wizard MTL
EVH Stealth EL34 100w
ENGL SE
ENGL Artist
CLX I had was such a great amp, my favorite Fryette BY FAR. Engl AE was big meh for me. Much prefer the FB100 and Savage120 MK1. I thought the AE sounded more processed/synthetic than those two.

CLX I had was such a great amp, my favorite Fryette BY FAR. Engl AE was big meh for me. Much prefer the FB100 and Savage120 MK1. I thought the AE sounded more processed/synthetic than those two.
The ENGLs should be at the bottom of my list lol….Oh and I wouldn’t mind giving the Marshall Jubilee another go.

The ENGLs should be at the bottom of my list lol….Oh and I wouldn’t mind giving the Marshall Jubilee another go.
I really liked the 2205x, as long as I kept mids around 1-2 o'clock it was a GREAT amp boosted. Mids lower and way too scooped...mids higher and it just sounded like ass.

Back