What’s an amp you want to give a second chance

Mesa triple crown
Diezel Herbert
Bogner 35 & 50 watt xtc
Marshall jvm or 30th anniv.
Mesa mk 25 or 35

Last edited:
roadking or jvm. My problem with the rk was I just had to keep fucking with it like rainman or a methhead. The jvm....at the time I also had my vh4 and the only time I messed with the jvm was when I was playing them in stereo. For some reason I just could not bond with it. My bro Chris(sdmf38) has the 210? and gets killer sounds from it. But he's one of those pricks that could make a toaster sound good. I hate you bro.....
Do the road king

Like @gibson5413 said, if people dig running OD's into high gain amps more power to them but for instance, my JVM410 OD1 Orange, gain at noon, the way I set the tone controls, res and pres, the way I play...I don't have a need for an OD.

Same with any other high gain amp I've owned that has lasted with me for a long time, I just prefer to get what I can out of the amp. Don't get me wrong I grew up (early 80's) running an OD or stacking OD's in front of Marshall 4 input MKII's and JMP's so I'm not anti OD but when rack preamps and then amps started having enough gain without having to use an OD, I loved it and have since.

For shits and giggles I've even busted out some of my old OD's to try and work in with the JVM and messing about it's never lasted more than a few minutes as I love the tone and feel without them.
I don't have extensive experience with a JVM, honestly, but the JVM tones that I like (Khaos Legions and Edge of the Earth) are boosted.

The only amp I've ever tried that I thought sounded better unboosted was the 5150III, personally. But like you said, each to his own. :)

Last edited:
Soldano SLO 100 for me.

(Ducks from incoming rocks)

I got one of the B.A.D ones at the end of 2021 brand new, sat with it for a week or so (before the return period expired) and just couldn't bond with it (I have a hunch I was trying to make it do the metals too hard rather than just accepting what the amp was best at). I felt I needed more time with it but had to send it back because I couldn't make a decision on it before the return period expired.

They're so rare over here in the UK that I haven't seen one in person since, would love to be able to spend a few weeks with one and see if it lands right.

Soldano SLO 100 for me.

(Ducks from incoming rocks)

I got one of the B.A.D ones at the end of 2021 brand new, sat with it for a week or so (before the return period expired) and just couldn't bond with it (I have a hunch I was trying to make it do the metals too hard rather than just accepting what the amp was best at). I felt I needed more time with it but had to send it back because I couldn't make a decision on it before the return period expired.

They're so rare over here in the UK that I haven't seen one in person since, would love to be able to spend a few weeks with one and see if it lands right.

They used a Soldano a lot in this era, you can see it on this album cover as well as the cover of the "...To Praise the Sabbatical Queen" cover art. Not exactly sure if you mean more extreme Metal in your post, but this is a good example of a SLO doing it.

Back