When Tom Morello tries to play with real guitarists...

"When musicians are telling people who to vote for, I think that's an abuse of power. You're telling your fans not to think for themselves, just to think like you. Rock 'n' roll is about freedom — and that's not freedom." - Alice Cooper

Alice rules, but that's bullshit. If I have a political opinion and I work a 9 to 5 job, no one has a problem with my right to say what I think, but if I become famous then I should shut up? Fuck that. 1st Amendment is sacred. Rant over.

Who did he copy? I actually don’t give a shit about RATM, but to say he isn’t innovative is simply untrue. He almost approaches the guitar like a DJ.
I can stand naked on a stage and poop on a Les Paul bridge pickup that’s cranked up through a blasting plexi with heavy delay. Some would consider that innovative, because it (presumably) hasnt been done before. I think it’s ridiculously dumb.

Alice rules, but that's bullshit. If I have a political opinion and I work a 9 to 5 job, no one has a problem with my right to say what I think, but if I become famous then I should shut up? Fuck that. 1st Amendment is sacred. Rant over.
Think what you like, but it gets fuckin' old when politics gets injected into everything......you go to a show or a watch game and mf forces their bs on you, A lot of times people who purport to think as you are the first to wish to hurt the career someone with a different political point of view. I'm with Alice on this one, it IS an abuse of power.. Otherwise, on topic I have no bones about Morello...seems like a nice dude....likes great players.

It's weird to have him play alongside guys like that.

In a groove rock songwriting situation, I'm sure he'd fit right in.

Think what you like, but it gets fuckin' old when politics gets injected into everything......you go to a show or a watch game and mf forces their bs on you, A lot of times people who purport to think as you are the first to wish to hurt the career someone with a different political point of view. I'm with Alice on this one, it IS an abuse of power.. Otherwise, on topic I have no bones about Morello...seems like a nice dude....likes great players.
Exactly. It’s constant. Pepper from COC went on a Trump rant during a show. I was like dude just shut up. That’s not why I’m here. Of course it’s his right to express his opinion…BUT-don’t bitch when you get boo’d which he did. You alienate probably half your fans when you do it.

Exactly. It’s constant. Pepper from COC went on a Trump rant during a show. I was like dude just shut up. That’s not why I’m here. Of course it’s his right to express his opinion…BUT-don’t bitch when you get boo’d which he did. You alienate probably half your fans when you do it.
I might agree/disagree with their politics but I don't want to hear it....I can be totally cool with someone with different politics, and not dehumanize to anathematize.....and some artists find that proper balance, I love a LOT of artists with dif. politics than my own....more power to em' but can we go the fuckin' can without seeing that shit LOL, I wonder sometimes.

I'd watch that :yes:

GkyBgKZ.jpg
There is a actress named Krystal Boyd. Remember it's not prostitution if she is acting.

I can stand naked on a stage and poop on a Les Paul bridge pickup that’s cranked up through a blasting plexi with heavy delay. Some would consider that innovative, because it (presumably) hasnt been done before. I think it’s ridiculously dumb.
The name of the band was the Vomits. They did it in the 60's. Might not have been a Les Paul.

He is kind of out of place and the stuff didn’t fit the song really, especially when he started.
Kotzen needed also quite some time to get something not completely underwhelming out there.
(Me typing from the couch:D)

I mean i am no Nuno or Vai expert!
But Extreme is not exactly a great band and i can hardly listen to Vai’s solo discography (There is about a handful of songs that i like, but it's not like i would miss them).

Joe Satriani (not in the video but) is a great virtuosis and i had a phase where i listen to him quite a bit.
But man it’s kinda lame background music (there are some execeptions of course) with some good leadwork and impressive playing.

Richtie Kotzen has some nice stuff if you dig deep (but more bad songs that good ones), but Tom Morello shits all over them (YMMV).
I take RATM (or audioslave) songs over their dicography every day!
I mean RATM is one of the top acts of the 90s and i think they aged well.
i mean i kind of heared it to death, but i still think it's good stuff, after all.

True there is quite a bunch of songs which he ruined with his (whammy) “just noise” solos.
But there a some good ones and of course he overdid the further the time passed.
Never stepped up his game, he focused more on just making music, which i totally respect.

I in general think there should be a lot more songs without a solo at all, if it’s just lame or there because a solo is “needed”, just don't do it...

He is definitely no virtuose or guitar hero, but as mentioned he has an impressive discography and riff repertoire.

If I can find them I can upload some shots of both rigs. I didnt take any of Toms rig though. LOL It was very cool. Only thing that sucked is that I was trying to get behind EVHs amp and zoom in but the lighting sucked and there was a guard like right there. He did let me take shot but without flash so they are not the best.

First time ever I feel the urge to say “ok boomer” to someone younger than I. 😂Lol

Wonder if Vai is using the Marshall in this clip. Sound has more bite than usual. He's usually a not too good improviser but he's great here.

The other bum, Morello. What a disgrace. An Embarrassment. Nice political gesture thrown in (being he can't play) Aimed at Trump, as this jam is 7 years old. Scumbag

Back