When Tom Morello tries to play with real guitarists...

Morello has his own thing going on and thats cool. I dont like to put down other guitarists, especially if they make their living from it. Its not my thing what he does but it is absolutely original to him. When I hear that scratching thing I either think some dj with a record or TM.
Having said that... to put him with JP and EVH is bizarre because what Page and Ed did for guitar playing is legendary, where as Morello not so much. Hey, I think its interesting to see anyones rig up close and personal, but I think he should have had his own spot somewhere else on the floor..

Perfect example.... I overheard a chick while we were standing there ask either her hubby or boyfriend "now I know the Led Zeppelin guy, and everyone knows Eddie Van Halen, but who is that other guy?"

Morello has his own thing going on and thats cool. I dont like to put down other guitarists, especially if they make their living from it. Its not my thing what he does but it is absolutely original to him. When I hear that scratching thing I either think some dj with a record or TM.
Having said that... to put him with JP and EVH is bizarre because what Page and Ed did for guitar playing is legendary, where as Morello not so much. Hey, I think its interesting to see anyones rig up close and personal, but I think he should have had his own spot somewhere else on the floor..

Perfect example.... I overheard a chick while we were standing there ask either her hubby or boyfriend "now I know the Led Zeppelin guy, and everyone knows Eddie Van Halen, but who is that other guy?"
He wouldn't eve be on my radar, if he wasn't a DEI plant.

The "machine" is trying to shove him down our throats.

You know the machine he used to rage against.

He's from the planet of Conspiricon....where EVERYTHING's a conspiracy.....
Be careful who you talk to...BIG BROTHER IS LISTENING!!

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I expect that from a brainwashed dude like you.

Yeah, it was really his talent that put his rig next to EVH's. You probably believe it should be there.

Really? Tom is more an icon than the Ramones and Sex Pistols?

Not on this planet.
As bands they might be bigger icons, but Tom Morello for whatever reason is known more than the guitarists of those bands. I mean even in the guitar hero video games there were boss battle vs morello, slash and Zakk Wylde. Very silly I know, but it shows guys clearly care about him whether we feel it’s warranted or not

As bands they might be bigger icons, but Tom Morello for whatever reason is known more than the guitarists of those bands. I mean even in the guitar hero video games there were boss battle vs morello, slash and Zakk Wylde. Very silly I know, but it shows guys clearly care about him whether we feel it’s warranted or not
"for whatever reason", really?

It's just a miracle I guess.........

"for whatever reason", really?

It's just a miracle I guess.........
I say “for whatever reason” because I just don’t know. I don’t really pay attention to other electric guitarists these days since my younger years. I just care about gear when it comes to the electric guitar world. Others here can probably explain the reasons

I remember that classic. Like Eruption and Stairway to heaven.

That's funny, he wrote it?

It seems the whole band are listed as credits to that song.

Van Halen appears to have the whole band listed as well first few albums I checked, guess we gotta revoke both their iconic status. Page was smart and just borrowed ideas

Back