A battle of the Larrys

How do you come to these beliefs?
- didn't you get your Jon Schaffer Signature preamp in 2011?
- did you not get your Dino 939 in 2016 either?

(By the way, the best sounding Dino's ever (rev 2.8) and actually sound even better than the best sounding Dino of Jon Schaffer's 5 Dino's)

- or did your crystal ball tell you that? Then you'd better take it to customer service!

Let me remind you: My name is not Mark, my name is Larry 😉

So far, EVERYONE has gotten their amp from me - and that won't change in the future.

There is also a reason why I now stated my previously (admittedly) overly optimistic delivery time of 18 months or 2 years as 4 years, not only because of the additional flood of new orders - and now specify 4 years & 6 months.

Btw: Thank you very much, my dear Disfigured, for spreading new rumors!
I always knew it: You and your beliefs are irreplaceable :cheers:
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Then I would like to take this opportunity to say a few words about the fears and rumors of the raunchers and grumblers who fear that I might no longer be able to deliver my last orders due to my premature death due to my age and the long delivery times:

I just have to laugh about something like that and I'll tell you why, because I'll definitely be building amps for another 12 to 15 years and, despite my slightly advanced age, I won't die until 25 years at the earliest - unless accidentally a F35 drops on my head, or I'll sign up as a mercenary on the Russian-Ukrainian war front:

I live and eat absolutely healthily, eat exclusively organic or Demeter products and hardly eat any meat. I also completely avoid sugar and white flour in my diet and do about 2 hours of exercise 2 to 3 times a week. In addition, there are frequent brisk walks lasting up to 3 hours.
Moreover - I don't drink any alcohol and don't consume any drugs with the exception of 10 to 12 cigarettes a day.

I'm not overweight (BMI = 24.4), have a blood pressure like a teenager (average 130/85), no heart problems, no diabetes - and I'm not impotent (I'm not allowed to become either, otherwise my teenage girlfriend will run away from me :D)

In addition, I constantly supply myself with plenty of high-quality nutritional supplements. To name just a few examples:
Vitamin D3/K2MK7
Vitamin C from acerola cherry & magnesium citrate
Vitamin B complex & extra vitamin B12
Omega 3 fatty acids (from algae, not fish)
Zeolite, taurine, MSM (organic sulfur)
Selenium, boron, glutathione, R-alpha lipoic acid
Nattokinase, Astaxanthin, Coenzyme Q10
and some more...
And of course I have my blood values checked every 3 months to avoid overdosing on one of these substances.

Some more facts*:

Last summer I went to a pulmonologist to have my lungs checked because of my cigarette use. The results:
- My lung volume is 94% of an average non-smoker's of my body weight
- My lung capacity is 91% of an average non-smoker of my body weight and age
- There are no signs of possible onset of lung cancer
And all this despite the fact that I have been a smoker for almost 50 years.
Apparently God blessed me with good genes?

Three months ago I went to an orthopedist to have my bone density measured. The results:
- My spine has a bone density of that of an average 35 year old
- My thigh bones and pelvis have the bone density of an average 28 year old
The orthopedist finally said that I would never have to repeat this examination again for the rest of my life, as good as my bone density is - and I wouldn't have to worry about breaking my femur neck or anything like that if I fell down the stairs.

Otherwise, I'm in perfect health and don't need any medication for or against anything.

(*) Since everyone can say a lot about himself, but others who are far away cannot verify this, I tell you that I can prove all of this through research reports.
But not in the way that I post these documents publicly here in the forum...
... but by sending these for example to alund (he is a doctor/surgeon) - and he could then confirm what I had said here :giggle:

So tell me again that someone has to worry about not getting his amp anymore because I might die prematurely 😄
In fact, I would be very surprised if I didn't live to see the year 2050 or even 2055 :cool:
Ya, all that. But you eat shit laced with pubes !!!

In the post where he said that he linked an earlier post where he said:

So the Bludo apparently was close enough. And many of those guys did “reverse-engineer” at least one Dumble but still didn’t measure up.
Yipp, seems so 🤷‍♂️
I don’t know if Larry built/sold any Dumble clones but I guess I’d be surprised if he didn’t built it at least once just to try it.

I've rebuilt some Fender Twin Reverb and Dual Showman Silver Face during the 90' to:
- left channel orig. Fender Clean
- right channel, orig. Dumble OD, but w/o the additional 'skyliner' tone stack
Both channels with Reverb & tube based FX loop

100_2822.jpg

100_2823.jpg

100_2828.jpg

100_2829.jpg

100_2831.jpg

100_2832.jpg

'Speed' has been the OD gain
'Intensity' has been the OD master
'Master Volume' has been the Presence control
I left out the 'Rock/Jazz' & 'Deep' switches, as well as the FET-input

Last edited:
Larry, where do you get your Beyschlags? I have to order multiple values from Netherlands. Mouser has some, but not all values.

The Beyschlags are 3 to 4 times the price of the most commonly used carbon film. But they are are outstanding resistors. I use them exclusively in the Hellion.

You even mentioned multiple times you had ended up in the hospital for weeks, and that was one of the reasons why you was so behind your amp delivery dates.

Baby, I specifically told you back then that I had gone through an odyssey through eye clinics. A total of three eye surgeries, but only because the first surgeon made a fatal mistake during his surgery. I still thank God today that I didn't end up blind.

Between operations, when your eye is refilled with fluid and a gas cushion is provided, you initially have 4-6 weeks where you can't see anything with that eye and then it takes another two to three months until you can see that again in the operated eye you can see like before.

This procedure three times in a row because the first surgeon was apparently an incompetent amateur.

If you are still able to calculate despite your constant consumption, then add up all the downtime and you have a result.

These were the only 'health problems' I ever had in my life.

You even sent me a picture of your crashed BMW, and said it happened while you blacked out while driving, due to your high blood pressure and poor eye site?

I even sent you several photos of my crushed BMW, but I didn't destroy it because of a blackout, as you claim here, but because an SUV driver pushed me out of my lane onto the median strip against a lamppost. You can also find pictures of this in my Instagram profile, because I make no secret of it.

By the way, I've never had high blood pressure in my life and I can still see almost 100% when driving with contact lenses in.

Why is your health so shitty when asked about the delivery delays, which are the worst in amp making history, but you insist in saying you're the healthiest guy on earth, when you try to calm down people that you took their money and get more deposits from more clients?

Here again from that post:

https://www.rig-talk.com/forum/threads/a-battle-of-the-larrys.300320/page-10#post-3843638

(*) Since everyone can say a lot about himself, but others who are far away cannot verify this, I tell you that I can prove all of this through research reports.
But not in the way that I post these documents publicly here in the forum...
... but by sending these for example to alund (he is a doctor/surgeon) - and he could then confirm what I had said here :giggle:

Without trying to stir the pot with all the other back and forths going on in this thread, I'm actually curious why an amp-builder who has knowledge of amp circuitry would say this?

Did Howard Dumble use some -now- unobtanium parts?
I mean, I'm sure the guy was good and all, but at the end of the day, it's still electronics, right? Not 'actual magic'? But something that could possibly be reverse-engineered...
In the post where he said that he linked an earlier post where he said:
Or let me illustrate it with another example:
During my now 36-year career as an amp designer, I had 7 different original Dumble amps in my house - and I had all colors of Dumble clones in my house, also well-known brands like Two-Rock, Van Weelden, Bludotone, Fuchs, aso.
Believe it or not, but none of these all (with the exception of the Bludo) could touch an orig. Dumble soundwise
So the Bludo apparently was close enough. And many of those guys did “reverse-engineer” at least one Dumble but still didn’t measure up. I don’t know if Larry built any Dumble clones but he did/does build Trainwreck clones inspired amps. Another legendary/heirloom brand that apparently is difficult to replicate.
Well, I did read that post, but I read it in a 'all the guys that tried so far failed'...but to have an amp builder say 'it can't be done'...well, that tickles my engineering fancy, because then I wonder 'okay...but why not then?'

FYI, it's not a sound I'm chasing at all... I had some pedals in the past that were suggested to be in that low gain break-up, smooth realm, but I didn't really care for it.
I recently built a PedalPCB Thermionic Deluxe (Friedman BE-OD Deluxe clone) and I haven't enjoyed a 9V distortion pedal that much since...ever.
And for awhile I owned the original Friedman pedal, so I could compare the two; really close, but I had to substitute 2 caps, because of size constraints, resulting that my version has slightly thicker/rounder mids than the Friedman. Otherwise, same gain character, same low level of noise, etc.
We are totally on same page. It also piqued my interest but also in a tone I’m not the least interested in.

Now an improved BE-OD Deluxe? Interested even more piqued! @griff10672 and you need to connect!

Larry, where do you get your Beyschlags? I have to order multiple values from Netherlands. Mouser has some, but not all values.

The Beyschlags are 3 to 4 times the price of the most commonly used carbon film. But they are are outstanding resistors. I use them exclusively in the Hellion.

Beyschlags are now very difficult and, if possible, can only be obtained in small quantities and not with all values.

I recognized this in good time and bought large quantities of it back then.

These were the only 'health problems' I ever had in my life.
We mustn't forget:

"life threatening virus"
"wrecked my back and landed in hospital moving a washing machine"
"mental health collapse necessitating a 9 month abstinence from amp building after my 'son' passed away." 'Son' was actually a pet cat

Don't forget I have a ton of correspondence from various frustrated people with amps on order over the years, many of whom have provided me with their own custom made excuses from you. What's really a telltale giveaway is when one customer's received excuse calendar doesn't line up with another's one!

We mustn't forget:

"life threatening virus"
"mental health collapse necessitating a 9 month abstinence from amp building after my 'son' passed away." 'Son' was actually a pet cat

Don't forget I have a ton of correspondence from various frustrated people with amps on order over the years, many of whom have provided me with their own custom made excuses from you. What's really a telltale giveaway is when one customer's received excuse calendar doesn't line up with another's one!

Larry told me I'd get an amp when hell froze over.
Seems like an honest answer if you ask me 🤷‍♀️

We mustn't forget:

"life threatening virus"

Until now, I could hardly have imagined that hatred, envy and resentment would burn in another person's soul so intensely that this person would spend whole days digging through ancient posts and emails, obsessed with the hope of still finding a little crumb of dirt he can throw at me.

How bitter can you be, you poor, old and lonely old man, abandoned by his wife and children?

I don't know anything about a virus, so you must be confusing me with another of your election victims.

Even during Corona times, I often had contact with infected people, but never became infected myself. Probably not because I didn't get vaccinated?

The story about the washing machine could actually be mine. I do not know exactly.
But if so, then as I said, it was a story to give me peace of mind from probing questions, because I carry a washing machine alone without anyone's help and without getting back problems from it.

I had practiced martial arts for a total of around 25 years in my life. Karate (shotokan), Tae Kwon Do, Thai boxing and at the same time always building muscle. It was a long time ago, but there is still enough of it left.

Regarding my 'son', all I can tell you is that animals are often better people. On the other hand, you can't expect empathy for this from a bitter and heartless person like you.

Only two people will stand at your grave, but they won't cry for you, because they are the cemetery employees whose job it was to lower your coffin 6 feet.

Have a nice evening!

Until now, I could hardly have imagined that hatred, envy and resentment would burn in another person's soul so intensely that this person would spend whole days digging through ancient posts and emails, obsessed with the hope of still finding a little crumb of dirt he can throw at me.

How bitter can you be, you poor, old and lonely old man, abandoned by his wife and children?

I don't know anything about a virus, so you must be confusing me with another of your election victims.

Even during Corona times, I often had contact with infected people, but never became infected myself. Probably not because I didn't get vaccinated?

The story about the washing machine could actually be mine. I do not know exactly.
But if so, then as I said, it was a story to give me peace of mind from probing questions, because I carry a washing machine alone without anyone's help and without getting back problems from it.

I had practiced martial arts for a total of around 25 years in my life. Karate (shotokan), Tae Kwon Do, Thai boxing and at the same time always building muscle. It was a long time ago, but there is still enough of it left.

Regarding my 'son', all I can tell you is that animals are often better people. On the other hand, you can't expect empathy for this from a bitter and heartless person like you.

Only two people will stand at your grave, but they won't cry for you, because they are the cemetery employees whose job it was to lower your coffin 6 feet.

Have a nice evening!
You know that computers and apps have customizable search functions, don't you? What you think takes days takes me seconds. Besides, I only need to search my records for memory verification purposes, which is rare.

You know that computers and apps have customizable search functions, don't you? What you think takes days takes me seconds. Besides, I only need to search my records for memory verification purposes, which is rare.

Thank you for falling for my provocation :giggle:

Any other answer from a self-proclaimed CIA board agent would have disappointed me 🤷‍♂️

Back