“The Duellist” clone

psychodave

Such a ripping pedal. Oozes tone and versatility. Likely made for strats, but I love it with humbuckers. Build quality is exceptional. Best of all, it was $105 with $15 express shipping. So $120 total from 68 Pedals.

I hate to buy clones, but the original builder is out of stock.
1624813735840.jpeg

1624813760454.jpeg

That looks like a King Tone circuit board, is that a pic of yours? In any case, sounds like a cool pedal. TS clones can be so hit or miss. My current favorite is a cheap $30 Chinese TS clone. But I've had way more expensive ones that were a nasally/compressed mess.
Such a ripping pedal. Oozes tone and versatility. Likely made for strats, but I love it with humbuckers. Build quality is exceptional. Best of all, it was $105 with $15 express shipping. So $120 total from 68 Pedals.

I hate to buy clones, but the original builder is out of stock.
View attachment 82496
View attachment 82499

That looks like a King Tone circuit board, is that a pic of yours? In any case, sounds like a cool pedal. TS clones can be so hit or miss. My current favorite is a cheap $30 Chinese TS clone. But I've had way more expensive ones that were a nasally/compressed mess.
Thats a picture of my pedal.

I agree TS clones are hit or miss. I didnt like the TS side of the Duality DX, but the TS side on this is ripping.

It's interesting to see people thinking up these dual pedals. Lots of versatility.

One of my buddies has the actual Duelist and he always raves about it.

The only dual OD pedal I have it the Wampler Dual Fusion....I kind of have a love/hate relationship with it. One thing is for sure; it's a lot different than any of the other dirt pedals I have (and I have a shitload) :LOL:

One of my buddies has the actual Duelist and he always raves about it.

The only dual OD pedal I have it the Wampler Dual Fusion....I kind of have a love/hate relationship with it. One thing is for sure; it's a lot different than any of the other dirt pedals I have (and I have a shitload) :LOL:

The duellist is really cool. I was playing a few hours last night and it has a little magic. Sounds very different from the King of Tone clone I have. The Duellist is more open sounding. Not as dark either.

The duellist is really cool. I was playing a few hours last night and it has a little magic. Sounds very different from the King of Tone clone I have. The Duellist is more open sounding. Not as dark either.
I find my KOT clone to be more detailed and just as mid focused as a TS. Hard to think you can get brightier/ glassier. I'll take your word for it though.

that's supposed to be a TS on one side and Bluesbreaker on the other, I'm intrigued by it. can't find one on ebay lol

Emailed him last night and he emailed right back. Is this thing an exact copy inside and out, true circuit? Hoping so, it at least looks like it.
I wonder if there's any risk having customs nab it into the US. I'm going too ask him if he can change the name to something else.

Don’t see Shiftees around too often. Incredible sounding - really. I was offered stupid money for mine (and I mean STUPID). Couldn’t say no but the Shiftee is it for vibes in my book
This was one of the first Shiftees. I beta tested it and made a demo video, and he sold it to me for his cost. I got it dirt cheap. Awesome sounding Vibe.

Back