1978 Marshall JMP with Guv'nor METAL

Lasse Lammert

So yeah, here's one for the fans of more vintage voiced amps...it's still rather high gain obviously, but if you like those typical Marshall high mids, you might like this clip.

Chain:
Gibson Flying V with Duncan Distortion
Marshall Guv'nor MkI
1978 Marshall JMP 2203 (stock, except for KT88 tubes in the power amp)
Bogner Uberkab
Single Heil PR30 on a V30

The band's called "Gloryhammer" btw, look them up, they're awesome! ;)

This might or might not be a KPA profile

That sounded great! Heavy but little to no fizz/fuzz like a lot of the modern high gain pedals. I have been searching for a hi-gain pedal for my board (in order to cover some metal tunes) and ironically enough will more than likely be running through a '76 JMP. Sounds like I should be taking a closer look at this combo.

BTW.......do you have any raw/unprocessed clips?

Thanx!

Thanks.
these are unprocessed (I never do more to my guitar sounds than maybe 60/12k high. lowpass).
don't have the individual tracks anymore though, sorry

Yeah Gloryhammer!

Sounds awesome!

I tech'd for my friends band who supported them
On their recent UK tour, didn't get tired of that after 8 nighs in a row! And I'm not really a power metal fan

I liked that a lot. Be interesting to hear the difference if it was an H30 or a greenback. Im more a fan of those than the V30, but still that sounded great.

Lasse Lammert":3c1w4606 said:
yeah, and their singer is amazing, isn't he

Yeah he's pretty good!

Did the guitar player from Chris' other band Alestorm do all the guitars on that album?

Did that set up make it to the finished album? I saw you used a 5150 III, SLO100 and a JMP through the EVH cab.. The record sounds killer! :rock:

Thanks a ton.
Nah, different guitarist.
The rh guits on the album were 5153 through matching cab, miked with at250de, r121 and sm57.
Leads were hr100+, crunch this JMP.
Can't remember which cabs I used for leads and crunch though.

Lasse Lammert":3ltx3sca said:
Thanks.
these are unprocessed (I never do more to my guitar sounds than maybe 60/12k high. lowpass).
don't have the individual tracks anymore though, sorry
My apologies. Great sound and tone indeed!

Sounds great man. Out of curiosity, have you done any blends with your Mesa and the JMP?

I stumbled onto this clip of yours the other day while checking out evh clips on youtube. I really dig the tone you got there.

Back