2x12 greenback cab?

chadprsman

Curious about a 2x12 w/gb. I'm using lower wattage heads. Peavey has a convertible for the mini 6505, wonder if anyone has tried one?

I`ve got a 2x12 Splawn cab w/Scumback BM75s . I`ve got a Splawn Super Sport head w/El34s on top of it and it sounds killer for hard rock . I know it`s not exactly what you were referring to but just thought i`d chime in

chadprsman":34am7bs1 said:
Curious about a 2x12 w/gb. I'm using lower wattage heads. Peavey has a convertible for the mini 6505, wonder if anyone has tried one?
Yes, I own several.

My recommendation would be to have something of the size like a Mesa or Engl Vertical 2x12. So the width is about 24", height 30".
With smaller dimensions like the Marshall 1966* cabs (24" x 24" x 12" depth) you'll lose some low-end.
Then again, those cabs with G12H30-55Hz Greenies sound VERY good. I have a pre-Rola pair of those still waiting for a custom-built cab. :rock:

I have a bogner 212cb with greenbacks. It sounds pretty damn good. I might be selling it though cuz I am content with my combo, but might keep it to run 4 speakers too. Not sure at this point.

I think you're right. PV was smaller in size and sound, went back-I did get some good tones though. Larger Avatar is coming soon.

Speeddemon":3f4s2vnr said:
chadprsman":3f4s2vnr said:
Yes, I own several.

My recommendation would be to have something of the size like a Mesa or Engl Vertical 2x12. So the width is about 24", height 30".
With smaller dimensions like the Marshall 1966* cabs (24" x 24" x 12" depth) you'll lose some low-end.
Then again, those cabs with G12H30-55Hz Greenies sound VERY good. I have a pre-Rola pair of those still waiting for a custom-built cab. :rock:

Back