4x12 PARALLEL Wiring...

McLeanAB

Hey all!

I have this lovely Bogner Helios 4x12st cab... 16ohm, V30's and Greenbacks in a X-Pattern... sounds lovely with my Mesa Mark V:25, or my ISP Technologies Theta Rack Preamp...

I just got a Two Notes Captor 4ohm, so I'm using the 4ohm out on the Mesa... the attenuation is at a great level for late night jams... however, I do notice a bit of bottom end gets chopped and there's a tad more highs... still sounds good, but noticeable.

SO... should I rewire the cab to Parallel (not series parallel) to get a 4ohm cab (instead of 16)? Not a big deal except I can't seem to find a 4x12 diagram... Stewmac has 2x12 Parallel diagram I could probably extrapolate from, but I'd rather see it first.

And, will it make any difference as I do hear a difference running the 8ohm out into the 16ohm cab vs. using the 4ohm out into the 16ohm, but that difference is much smaller than when the Captor is being used.

Thoughts are appreciated!

Attachments

• Bogner.png
    Bogner.png
    604.1 KB · Views: 22
Here you go. Since your Captor 4 ohm device wants to be fed and also output a 4 ohm load then I believe it’s best to rewire the cab to be a 4 ohm load.

IMG_0951.jpeg

Back