68/69 MARSHALL SUPER LEAD PLEXI CLONE

I’ll vouch this amp is a textbook example of a great donor for modifications.

Some of the best caps you can get are used here and the PTP wiring makes it even moreso preferred for modification. A lot of metal film resistors and carbon resistors only where it matters most to prevent sterility.

If I was looking for a 2nd chassis for enmity I’d be all over this.

GLWS.

That's a killer looking build right there. But picking nits...I think the '68 plexis had the caps on the inside and often/usually had laydown power transformers. The external can caps came in '69 and sometimes had laydowns and sometimes had standup PTs. I think the standup PTs did come out in '68. So I think it's more '69 than '68 but I'm not a plexi historian.

A lot of work and top shelf parts went into that amp. I know I wouldn't sell mine for $2k and it doesn't even have all the options.

That's a killer looking build right there. But picking nits...I think the '68 plexis had the caps on the inside and often/usually had laydown power transformers. The external can caps came in '69 and sometimes had laydowns and sometimes had standup PTs. I think the standup PTs did come out in '68. So I think it's more '69 than '68 but I'm not a plexi historian.

A lot of work and top shelf parts went into that amp. I know I wouldn't sell mine for $2k and it doesn't even have all the options.
To be honest..I really have no idea and just going with what I was told it was. I just play em!! lol!! I'll fix the title to read "68/69" clone...lol! ;)

Back