A Wizard Modern Classic for 7 grand!

-hey guys , i apologize for having to do this in segments.... the story is only half done, ill tell the last half of the story and then go back through the thread and try to answer any un-answerd questions

johnpace2":1n2k7r90 said:
So, I shouldn't ask Rick to convert my MC to MCII? No idea if it even needs it. HA

-im thinking you would be fine as long as nobody as been insde the amp or want to put a cigerette llighter iin it

sg guy":skzvbuhl said:
johnpace2":skzvbuhl said:
So, I shouldn't ask Rick to convert my MC to MCII? No idea if it even needs it. HA

-im thinking you would be fine as long as nobody as been insde the amp or want to put a cigerette llighter iin it

Don’t ask him to install a Cupholder either :D

UberschallEL34":x0y1vq3f said:
sg guy":x0y1vq3f said:
johnpace2":x0y1vq3f said:

Don’t ask him to install a Cupholder either :D

funny story, Blades is actually doing cupholder mods and he did a new Wizard MCii! j/k

I don't think your story is going to help your cause. IMO, if anything it's making it worth less than market value. Especially if you are saying the original builder wouldn't service it with a 10 foot pole.

I hope you didn't pay a ton to have mark mod it.

Juggernaut":mbn41iaf said:
this is entertaining. :)

Now i really want to know what the reasoning for the $7k value is. From what I can gather, it seems that $7k to fix = $7k FMV :confused:

cyndicate":1cpdc71j said:
Juggernaut":1cpdc71j said:

Now i really want to know what the reasoning for the $7k value is. From what I can gather, it seems that $7k to fix = $7k FMV :confused:

No idea, but the story is funny as hell. $7k? nah... half that MAYBE.

cyndicate":2bf2hada said:
Juggernaut":2bf2hada said:

Oh, I am very curious. although, I am not sure what he is talking about, confusing story. what is what?

sg guy":2i8o32yo said:
-this amp wasnt listed here for $2500 a fewcmonths ago or anywhere.. ive had the amp for 2 years... -----(the list of facts)----
-WIZARD MC 1 factory upgraded to MC 2
-Mark Cameron does a power section mod
-a loop is installed by ??
-2 years ago i trade a JJ-100 for the WIZARD-(and i am a very happy man, love the amp)-
-the "Lead Master" pot is scratchy & has (volume jump) thats a life/death experience.
-i call Wizard Amps to get a repair quote-
-Rick answers the phone i tell him about the amp. Rick asks who, what, why and goes ape shit!-(all the stories are true, Rick is "The AMP NAZI" he's french-canadian, speaks broken english "NO AMP FOR YOU!"
the only way he would even consider looking at the amp was if it were brought back to a
MC 1 spec. not the MC 2 spec, that he did..
for $7000.. -(new $4600 at the time)- turn around time.. "its gonna be awhile and given lowest priority." Rick is pissed that someone touched his amp & obviously i need to pay for it. then he told me to call him back in 2 weeks, why? i dont know, but i do. he's even more pissed.. i tell him my situation & that i love the amp that i would be happy if i could buy a new "Lead Master" pot off him & i would put it in and Rick loses his fuckin mind... and refuses to even take it in for $7000 and if i tried to buy a new amp he would know so dont even try!!

---------------------{a week later}----------------
-a friend approached me and asked if i would be interested in having Mark Cameron fix the amp---"YUP"---im given Marks number, i pack up the WIZARD & talk to Mark about the WIZARD..
------------------{ about 11 months later}---------------
------what was done to the amp by Mark,----------_the push-pull "Lead Master" pot is replaced''
--the LOOP is removed and replaced with a ZERO LOSS LOOP-(Mark found some problems associated with the prior loop
---the power section mod had been messed with mark fixed & imptoved his old design
---an attenuatirv was added
'talked to Mark about what i wanted from the amp after the obvious issues are fixxed
i didnt want to do anything that would effect the WIZARD voicing or that Big WIZARD SOUND...... but if i could put an ARACOM attenuator or whatever it is MESA used on the TRANS ATLANTIC series in there, well as long as they were completely out of the curciut when not engaged that would be cool....
why cant we organize an AMP-FEST like we used to..... just one more time......

anybody who would like to try the amp out is
more than welcome... .theres always cold beer in the fridge... a bottle of something under the sink... i'll keep it set up for as long as i can...

Roseburg Oregon
--

sg guy":1hpiy20j said:
sg guy":1hpiy20j said:
-this amp wasnt listed here for $2500 a fewcmonths ago or anywhere.. ive had the amp for 2 years... -----(the list of facts)----
-WIZARD MC 1 factory upgraded to MC 2
-Mark Cameron does a power section mod
-a loop is installed by ??
-2 years ago i trade a JJ-100 for the WIZARD-(and i am a very happy man, love the amp)-
-the "Lead Master" pot is scratchy & has (volume jump) thats a life/death experience.
-i call Wizard Amps to get a repair quote-
-Rick answers the phone i tell him about the amp. Rick asks who, what, why and goes ape shit!-(all the stories are true, Rick is "The AMP NAZI" he's french-canadian, speaks broken english "NO AMP FOR YOU!"
the only way he would even consider looking at the amp was if it were brought back to a
MC 1 spec. not the MC 2 spec, that he did..
for $7000.. -(new $4600 at the time)- turn around time.. "its gonna be awhile and given lowest priority." Rick is pissed that someone touched his amp & obviously i need to pay for it. then he told me to call him back in 2 weeks, why? i dont know, but i do. he's even more pissed.. i tell him my situation & that i love the amp that i would be happy if i could buy a new "Lead Master" pot off him & i would put it in and Rick loses his fuckin mind... and refuses to even take it in for $7000 and if i tried to buy a new amp he would know so dont even try!!

---------------------{a week later}----------------
-a friend approached me and asked if i would be interested in having Mark Cameron fix the amp---"YUP"---im given Marks number, i pack up the WIZARD & talk to Mark about the WIZARD..
------------------{ about 11 months later}---------------
------what was done to the amp by Mark,----------_the push-pull "Lead Master" pot is replaced''
--the LOOP is removed and replaced with a ZERO LOSS LOOP-(Mark found some problems associated with the prior loop
---the power section mod had been messed with mark fixed & imptoved his old design
---an attenuatirv was added
'talked to Mark about what i wanted from the amp after the obvious issues are fixxed
i didnt want to do anything that would effect the WIZARD voicing or that Big WIZARD SOUND...... but if i could put an ARACOM attenuator or whatever it is MESA used on the TRANS ATLANTIC series in there, well as long as they were completely out of the curciut when not engaged that would be cool....
why cant we organize an AMP-FEST like we used to..... just one more time......

anybody who would like to try the amp out is
more than welcome... .theres always cold beer in the fridge... a bottle of something under the sink... i'll keep it set up for as long as i can...

Roseburg Oregon
--

Sent you a PM about this amp. I am super stoked you like it, that was me that sent you the tracking info when Mark finished it. Sorry to hear you are selling it.

Why wouldn't an interested party just go buy a new Wizard MCI or MCII or $4500 instead of paying $7000 for something that has been hacked up?

thegame":3igufiux said:
My gut tells me there's way more to the story than is presented here...

Definitely something is odd here, I still don't understand the $7000 price tag???

Back