AC contractors pls chime in

I've been using those Midea U shape windows units, and also the Midea DUO portable units in some places with great results.

These have Inverter compressors which means they are variable speed so they run at the speed necessary to cool. Normal compressors run full blast, and cycle on/off.

These are really efficient, and are basically like the mini-splits @Arch Stanton is pushing, but they are not in two pieces, so mega simple install.
i was checking those U shaped window units out last year, and will probably get a couple for this summer. We really only use A/C in the bedrooms so I like having some window bangers around when we need them

I've been using those Midea U shape windows units, and also the Midea DUO portable units in some places with great results.

These have Inverter compressors which means they are variable speed so they run at the speed necessary to cool. Normal compressors run full blast, and cycle on/off.

These are really efficient, and are basically like the mini-splits @Arch Stanton is pushing, but they are not in two pieces, so mega simple install.
TY
never heard of it but a quick google search and it looks good

i was checking those U shaped window units out last year, and will probably get a couple for this summer. We really only use A/C in the bedrooms so I like having some window bangers around when we need them
TY
never heard of it but a quick google search and it looks good

They are good, and after you get the temps down in the room, they sip power. I've seen as low as 250w

welcome back :)

so what can i expect to pay for this bullshit?
5 yrs ago i was quoted $7000 per unit installed. double that now?
fuck that. Im off to PC Richards and buy five 8k BTU window units for $299 each and be done with it lol

finally me and Mrs 70 landed on the same page and shes all for it and not pushing back
My local guy just quoted my kids $5800 for a new system. A mayflower or marigold brand. Sorry can’t remember. Gas furnace and outdoor ac unit. Power and ductwork are already there….

My local guy just quoted my kids $5800 for a new system. A mayflower or marigold brand. Sorry can’t remember. Gas furnace and outdoor ac unit. Power and ductwork are already there….
That’s cheap. Super cheap. Never heard of those manufacturers though. Probably has something to do with it.

That’s cheap. Super cheap. Never heard of those manufacturers though. Probably has something to do with it.
I could have gotten the name wrong bro. We replaced the ac unit last August with a used one. Looked new. Fired it up and nothing this spring. Just warm air. And with r22 at 500/gallon…nope…done…plus the furnace is like an 81 model so it’s on borrowed time.

Back