Advice Wanted

Ivorypu

Hey all,
I currently run a dual amp setup with a 2003ish VH4 and a 1992 Mesa Dual Rec.
I'm using a Radial JD7 to feed both amps. I'm considering replacing the Dual Rec with another selection from Diezel, but I'm having a lot of trouble deciding on which one. I got a chance to pair the VH4 with a Herbert in the studio previously and it sounded pretty good, but I'm curious if there's a better option. Has anybody tried a dual Diezel setup? How'd it work out?

Assuming you are in the hardrock/metal/punk sphere of music, I would go Herbert/VH4. The VH4 will be tighter and dry(er) feeling while Herbie is bigger and a bit more saturated.

That said, I have found Diezels to all have similar tonal characteristics, with just slight changes in feel/saturation/tightness.

If it were me, I would pair the VH4 with something leaner, tighter and more upper mid focused.

I’ve both vh4 and Herbert mk 1 and mk 3 . I absolutely love them blended . Actually Herbert can be set too tight if you want that . I love all 3 amps but Herbert still my fav . I blend my Herbert with everything

Agree with the posts above ,
The Vh4 and Herbert blended are a wall.
It’s fat and tight.
They are different enough so that it’s not redundant but close enough so that they don’t clash.
Honestly though a blend with an old skool Marshall might be better for a bigger range of tones.
Never cared for a Dual Rec and any Diezel blended. IMO.

Agree with the posts above ,
The Vh4 and Herbert blended are a wall.
It’s fat and tight.
They are different enough so that it’s not redundant but close enough so that they don’t clash.
Honestly though a blend with an old skool Marshall might be better for a bigger range of tones.
Never cared for a Dual Rec and any Diezel blended. IMO.
My Herbert and my wizard is my favorite blend . I agree about a Marshall style blend with Diezel

I like blending my VH4 with my Engl Invader 2, thru a Marshall 1960A 4x12 in stereo. I EQ the Engl for the Low end, and the VH4 for the Highs. Sounds massive!

I think a VH4 with a Herbert Mk3 would be massive too.
I'd like to pair my VH4 with a Revv Gen 120 Mk3.

I use a VH4 and a Herbert Mk2 in tandem fed by a Lehle splitter. I’ve been using this set up for the last eight years. Great full sound!
The only thing I would be careful is not to mix one amp with KT77 tubes and one with 6L6 tubes.

Lehel S-Go-S splitter
VH4
Hagen
D-Moll

Typically paired with Bogners for the different mid-range focus points (20thA XTC or 20thA Shiva)

But when I paired my Diezels? It was the VH4 with the D-Moll that worked best without competing frequency crossovers. But I still veer away from this as each Diezel I have is massive on its own; and if I do pair - as mentioned - it's with something offering a different frequency signature and response (ie: Bogner)

Back