AI potential dangers.

Play live shows.
Coming soon
She will be everyones new music hero
Submit, it’s inevitable

IMG_0476.png

the shit sucks and is gonna ruin humanity. ill try and look at the bright side though.. i just busted my ass all week working, im ready to sit down and crack a beer and pack a bowl.. would it be the worst thing to tell the computer make me an album with john bonham playing drums, iommi playing guitar, cliff burton on bass and bon scott singing... and it actually churned out an album that is enjoyable even if fake??

wait so is this actually them?? i know i read they were good friends. ill take a stab at recreating this myself, no need for ai lol
It is not.

It's a buddy of mine playing the drums & guitar.

It's a spoof he did, but he does pull off a convincing Bonham.

Can't A.I. figure out how to achieve 100% tube amp tone and tactile response from a digital modeler? Satisfying digital tone and feel at the cost of dooming humanity. Can't have it all I suppose.

Can't A.I. figure out how to achieve 100% tube amp tone and tactile response from a digital modeler? Satisfying digital tone and feel at the cost of dooming humanity. Can't have it all I suppose.

ive asked about this before, it cant be far away

It’s some crazy stuff man
I used chat AI the other day just for fun
Write a song called Chasing Ghosts
With a theme of love love / heartbreak and make it modern rock genre
That thing spit out 3 verses a bridge and chorus in less that a minute
And some of the lyrics were insane
Rhyming patterns it had it all
My singer and I looked at each other and just said this is f**** up
Literally what would take an artist likely days to craft 1 min
And we tried with a few other titles subjects it got them all

It’s some crazy stuff man
I used chat AI the other day just for fun
Write a song called Chasing Ghosts
With a theme of love love / heartbreak and make it modern rock genre
That thing spit out 3 verses a bridge and chorus in less that a minute
And some of the lyrics were insane
Rhyming patterns it had it all
My singer and I looked at each other and just said this is f**** up
Literally what would take an artist likely days to craft 1 min
And we tried with a few other titles subjects it got them all
Very scary time we're living in!

It is disturbing for the musician and actors etc but the real thing that will fuel this is the listeners lack of knowledge on how the final product is produced. I have a lot of people I know that hear songs by artists and just say like the tune. they have no idea how it's produced, synthesized, auto tuned or the actual amount of human involvement .

I can tell you there are some damn good singers that sound like other superstars we all know . Now through in some computer modelling or enhancement and listen to the final product. You may think it's Freddie Mercury but it's not .

Probably inevitable but so far it can't replace humans playing live shows.

Man--Maybe the Motley Crue and Kiss tapes aren't so bad after all !!!

I've worked in AI for decades. Most people have no idea what AI has been doing all these years; what's different is the low cost of computer systems, availability of low cost networking, the available AI systems, AI human experts vs the cost and complexity of human workers, etc. All that's needed is a good cost/benefit model. Whether it's fast food workers who demand more money, don't show up on time or at all and do less work, or hollywood actors and writers.

Heard of Hatsune Miku? She's an anime singer, she has fans around the world; her voice was created in Yamaha Vocaloid software, which you can buy, and buy different voice packs, to create vocals.

For years we've had software for instruments, effects, music scores, recording, arranging, mixing, mastering, distribution, etc. Nothing prevents AI being added to all of this software.

Years ago Sony Music demonstrated an AI system that could learn entire catalogs of music, and generate new music in the style of that artist; that was before generative AI. With generative AI, the AI can learn music catalogs of several artists and generate new music combining all of them. It can also be done with lyrics.

Put it all together, a human just needs to tell the AI system what they want it to create, the AI system does everything else, and has a new song generated and distributed to all the digital music platforms, and notifications sent to all the music press. For now, I expect humans will need to be involved in each step of the music production process to adjust, correct and fix things that are wrong, by doing that the AI systems learn more, and become more effective, more correct, and require ever less human involvement.

Now the studios own everything, the rights to the songs their AI generates, no human creators, musicians or production expertise required.

Think it can't happen? The majority of the music listening public don't really care about who makes the music, only if they like it. Look at the history and current state of techno music and DJs, they program the songs, the breaks, etc., then press play and they interact with the music as much as they want if at all.

AI and Robotics are coming for your jobs, white collar, blue collar, no collar, all that's needed is a good/favorable cost benefit model.

Enjoy our future.

Back