Amp Gallery: Play a Carol Ann Amp rig, post it up here

M. Roy":38dllcp7 said:
Sir Douglas T":38dllcp7 said:
That's my EL34 50watt Maple cab on the top. I got a kick out of Alan telling me that my amp chased a few folks out of the room because of the massive volume when he cranked the gain. It can sound extremely heavy , but when it's turned down she purrs like a kitten. Very misleading when you first see the amp in person. I LOVE that about it!!!!!!- Sir Douglas T

:rock: Oh and if you haven't heard a REVO you don't know what your missing. GENIUS!!!

Got that right. My OD2 w/ 6L6 tubes has a serious amoung of gain in the thing. Really crunches and sings like crazy.

Even with all that gain, I find that I'm running the pre-gain at about 1:00-2:00 w/ the overdrive at noon or below when using my PRS. The overdrive is really rich and full, and I find that I really don't need to turn the overdrive knob all that much. Sound great through an EV-loaded cab.

Going to do some higher gain OD-2 clips today. Should be interesting.

Alan,
Are you out of town? I have sent 2 emails one on Thursday and one yesterday and haven't heard back from you. So I called the shop today and got a message saying you were out of the country. I thought it said until October 7th so I figured that it might be an old message or maybe I just didn't hear it right. Either way just let me know just checking on the status of the OD2 I sent you. I want that amp back bad I miss that tone. I know you are a busy man and I am just one guy out of a thousand that need your amps so just do what you can.

Thanks,

Chuck

procos":2b1u463l said:
Alan,
Are you out of town? I have sent 2 emails one on Thursday and one yesterday and haven't heard back from you. So I called the shop today and got a message saying you were out of the country. I thought it said until October 7th so I figured that it might be an old message or maybe I just didn't hear it right. Either way just let me know just checking on the status of the OD2 I sent you. I want that amp back bad I miss that tone. I know you are a busy man and I am just one guy out of a thousand that need your amps so just do what you can.

Thanks,

Chuck

Hey Chuck, I sent you an email on Jan 26th bro saying it had arrived OK. I don't keep spare faceplates on stock, they are bought in batches and are attached to chassis in pairs. I had to order a one-off front faceplate to replace the one that got broke somewhere between the last owner and you buying it from him. I haven't even opened it up yet and won't until I have the faceplate and can do the job in one go. No sense in having an open chassis and screws and cabs all over the shop until I have the parts in.

Just a heads up and I know you are cool and not riding me but I do get so many emails a day along with around 20 phone calls too......and thats with a Dealer network. I had answered you to say the amp got here safe and if there was anything else to report I would have emailed you again. I do try to answer as many as I can, but if I was to sit and answer every one the day they came in no amps would ever get built.

I have no idea why that phone message is still on there, THe pbx Company is looking in to that as I removed that message last year. It's weird.

No problem. Completely understand and not trying to be a pain in your arse. Now that I know what is going on you won't hear from me until you tell me what I owe and I'll then send you a check.

Peace,

Chuck

procos":xnk4mvyr said:
No problem. Completely understand and not trying to be a pain in your arse. Now that I know what is going on you won't hear from me until you tell me what I owe and I'll then send you a check.

Peace,

Chuck

No problem bro, I expect to have it all set for you over this next weekend. I'll get the plate on Friday.

Sir Douglas T":3b6vqr8q said:
DSC06753.jpg

DSC06087.jpg

Ok Guys not exactly sure how to post pics so here is a pic of my latest Carol-ann rig. Od2 6L6 50 watt head and 50Watt Revo.
These are two of the best amps I've ever had the pleasure of playing. Without a doubt the Revo is the tone I have heard in my head over the years as THE Marshall tone. I can nail my favorite solo's from the early 90's and yet the thing is so versatile I can cover almost any tone and all from the guitars volume. Alan is just the best ever, a really down to earth builder that gigs more than most of us do. Love my CA'S!!!!! - Sir Douglas T

Sir Douglas! About time you got over here. Sweet amp of course, and I've held that guitar of yours. Awesome!

Here`s a crappy webcam picture of my stuff, minus my pedalboard which is in pieces right now. I`m loving this amp more every day.

Attachments

• IMG000021.jpg
    IMG000021.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 868
Shark Diver":3shfv83u said:
Sir Douglas T":3shfv83u said:
DSC06753.jpg

DSC06087.jpg

Ok Guys not exactly sure how to post pics so here is a pic of my latest Carol-ann rig. Od2 6L6 50 watt head and 50Watt Revo.
These are two of the best amps I've ever had the pleasure of playing. Without a doubt the Revo is the tone I have heard in my head over the years as THE Marshall tone. I can nail my favorite solo's from the early 90's and yet the thing is so versatile I can cover almost any tone and all from the guitars volume. Alan is just the best ever, a really down to earth builder that gigs more than most of us do. Love my CA'S!!!!! - Sir Douglas T

Sir Douglas! About time you got over here. Sweet amp of course, and I've held that guitar of yours. Awesome!
Thanks Dave ,
love ya Bro!! If I had known that brad was a moderator I would have jumped on board here years ago. Just glad to be a part.BTW I'm stoked to see the difference your input is having on Tonemerchants, my FAV music store. all the best!! - Sir Douglas T

My Latest rig set-up:

IMG_2829.jpg

But, my pedal board is like this now:

IMG_2844.jpg

Sir Douglas T":xdxgw0jl said:
Hi Carl,
Love your new Suhr! Say what is the amp to the right of your OD2-100? - Sir Douglas T

It is a Weber 6S100 kit amp that I assembled. It is my attempt to make a low cost version and lower wattage (this one is 100Watts) of a Bludo High Plains drifter influenced amp.

IMG_2805.jpg

IMG_2808.jpg

IMG_2806.jpg

Hi All
Ron here, I am fortunite to live very close to Alan I currently have a OD2 which the tone is amazing and a Tucana 2 on the way. Alan is a great guy and his gear is top notch. Below is a pic of my rig, top left Carol Ann OD2, left bottom Bogner Esctasy, top right Cat5 JB 100, bottom right AFD 100 Slash Marshall 100. Waitng on two Cat 5 EV12 cabs.
Ron C.

Attachments

• IMG00312-20110422-1125.jpg
    IMG00312-20110422-1125.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 538
Back