Amp shipping cost question

Racerxrated":2mob4la4 said:
fek":2mob4la4 said:
With the past shipping of amps / guitars, I have always way over packed and have never had an issue. But in these times, it appears that I will use the original boxes and then let the FedEx store pack it into another box to protect myself.

And also have to eat the shipping. Got it. :doh:
Prices have gone up a ton since I last sold stuff often on ebay, it was sticker shock when I shipped a 2203 out east from here in Wi...75 bucks. Last time I shipped before it was 45 bucks. I used to ship an occasional 4x12, and it was around 85-125. Don't even want to entertain that thought now.
:doh:

I shudder at the cost of a 4x12!!! I shipped an amp not long ago and it was $155!!! I remember about 6 or 7 years ago, $45!! I sent a guitar with a higher declared value and it was about $135!! Insanity, total madness, these guys are doing more business than ever via online sales and are wildly raising the prices!

I shudder at the cost of a 4x12!!! I shipped an amp not long ago and it was $155!!! I remember about 6 or 7 years ago, $45!! I sent a guitar with a higher declared value and it was about $135!! Insanity, total madness, these guys are doing more business than ever via online sales and are wildly raising the prices!

There is a reason for the wildly raised prices, the shippers are all going to a multi tiered pricing scheme. Meaning, they set up sweetheart deals with amazon and special customers, and jack up prices on individuals. Guitars that I can ship through my company shipping department ship for about $23. If I walk into FedEx owned customer shipping at their hub 24 miles away, it costs about $80. Also, if you ship to California, Arizona, and maybe other nearby states, it's really jacked up. I tried to send an Echo Plex, 20 pounds and small, to Arizona. It was almost $100 UPS and FedEx. Finally used USPS it was $60.

Back