Anderson H2+ or H3? You Decide.

I liked both clips. For this type of playing/music I liked the H3 a tad better. It sounded more focused which I think you need for tight, fast metal riffing. I have an H3+ that I love. I'm just getting familiar with the H2+ but I can already see why this is a favorite for many.

h2 sounded like it was a little more open or had more air to it , the 3 a little dryer and tighter, i liked h2 better

Digital Jams":1zwlx5qb said:
Marked for later........
+1 Eager to hear these clips when I get home. I used to have an H3 in my strat but swapped it for an H2+....

Update: Finally got to listen. For the style, I like the H3, it was tighter and more aggressive to my ears. The H2+ sounded sweeter and had more mids.

H2+ here! :rock: I've got one in my PRS24 that replaced an HN3.

All Anderson pickups are killer, it's just a matter of deciding which flavor you like.

I'm a bit biased as the H2+ is my all time favorite. That said, they were so close in this recording that either choice is a winner. I thought the H2+ had a little better definition in the clips which would lend itself to tight, percussive rhythm playing a bit better IMO.

I thought the H3 was a bit tighter, I would have thought the H2 would have been a bit tighter :confused:

JTyson":2vt4m702 said:
I thought the H3 was a bit tighter, I would have thought the H2 would have been a bit tighter :confused:

That's what is so great about the H2+. It captures a lot for the nuances in picking and is more balanced. I still think the H3 is great for this kind of music. A little tighter and focused. To be honest, you can't go wrong either way.

Hey Tom-

Nice playing, bro!

No doubt for me, I liked the first one better. I think that's the 2+, no?

2+ has been my favorite Anderson pickup for a long time. Glad you're enjoying the Andy :D

The H2+ sounding smoother, more liquid. The H3 had more punch to it, and for that kind of riffing that's what I would prefer.

Back