Anderson Humbuckers?

shodan5000

Hey guys, have a question here. Does anyone here have any experience and opinions on Anderson pickups? Mainly the H3+ humbucker? I'm seriously considering putting one of these in my LP here pretty quick and any opinions would be appreciated.

I say go for it. I love Anderson pickups and am currently using a H2+ in my deluxe strat. I was previously using an H1+ that I picked up for real cheap but that wasn't nearly hot enough for my tastes and have also used them in LP's with good results. I've used a lot of different pickups in the past but the Andersons have a real smoth kind of sound to my ears that I really dig.

I have a H3+ in my basswood DropTop. It´s got really high output, the low end is huge, the mids are to my ears neither scooped nor particularly humped, and the treble is fat and smooth. All in all it´s on the darker side of things, and works great for thick high gain leads. It´s not a classic tone by any means, but it is more versatile than you might think if you´re careful with the bass on the amp.

Dark, thick, full frequency......I really dig them but they are different. I'd recommend any of them in a heartbeat.

I had an H3+ in my Modern Eagle, its a great sounding pup for high-gain, good balance of output and clarity, bottom stays tight, pretty even across the freq spectrum. Good stuff, it would sound great in a Lester ;)

I've got an HN3+ in my Explorer and an H1/HN3 set in my PRS 24. They are very modern and balanced, articulate, and Hi-Fi. They aren't my first choice or bluesy/classic rock, I use a Rio Grande BBQ for that, but for modern heavy rock or metal I think they rule.

My new Anderson Drop Top will have an H3+ in the bridge and H1- in the neck. I'll give a review on it when I receive it next month.

I run the H3+ and H1- in one of my Les Pauls. It's a great combination. Sure, the H3+ will overdrive the input of your amp, but it isn't too drastic. It's just a nice airy thing that it does. It's very thick sounding with plenty of chunk. If it's too dark for you, disconnect your tone pot and it will open up a good bit.

I tried an Anderson H3 in my fat strat. It was a little too hot for me, so I got an H2+ which I love. That said in my les Pauls I run an Aldrich in the bridge, but don't let that sway you from trying out the Anderson H3+.

Are most Anderson humbuckers ceramic magnets?

SpiritCrusher86":1i34032q said:
Suhr Aldrich sounds better to me, at least from what I have heard.

It just depends on what you're going for. I have several Aldrich sets in a few Les Pauls and an Ibanez. The Aldrich is a completely different sounding pickup than the H3+ in that it doesn't sound as thick or smooth and has more bite through the mids and highs. The H3+ is a lot thicker, chunkier and smoother.

Dale B":2lml4rzg said:
I run the H3+ and H1- in one of my Les Pauls. It's a great combination. Sure, the H3+ will overdrive the input of your amp, but it isn't too drastic. It's just a nice airy thing that it does. It's very thick sounding with plenty of chunk. If it's too dark for you, disconnect your tone pot and it will open up a good bit.
+1, I would leave the tone pot disconnected on the H3+ ;)

I'm rocking an Anderson H3 in my SG. It sound absolutely ridiculous. :D

Seriously, I love it to death. I'd like to try out an H3+, but whatever. :]

gibson5413":ojo6t7rq said:
My new Anderson Drop Top will have an H3+ in the bridge and H1- in the neck. I'll give a review on it when I receive it next month.

Awesome, look forward to checking that out.

Back