Andy Timmons can still bring the heat * UPDATED!

He might have been going through a George Lynch / Paul gilbert phase back then. Heard elements of both in there ( mostly Gilbert) He's rippin!

Tone, talent, feel, mojo... and all that wrapped up in a true humble, kind soul. Not many made like AT.. Cheers

He's a beast! Can hold back, or bring the heat, and has great tone.
Cool guy the 2 times I met him as well.

So, Kurt Cobain is on the list of great guitarist?

Watching this video makes my head explode! Andy is so good, it is a shame the music world is more about pushing bands like KISS on us than actual musicians like Andy. I guess it could be a right side, left side of the brain circumstance where we get pleasure and pain. Some people's brains explode hearing Andy play. They hate Andy as much as we love him, Kurt blows him away in their minds.

Have you listened to the radio lately? "Today's classic rock" and on comes that old favorite crap song you've heard repeatedly throughout your life. No new music in 20 years, if it wasn't a hit before 2000, fuggetabout it, ain't happening, they/them said no more new music.

"Hello and welcome to WACDC, all the shitty AC/DC songs, all day long!"

Thank God for the interwebs, and thank you to Chris for posting this Timmons video. I don't have to watch or listen to ACDC or KISS and can watch Timmons, etc. in my spare time.

So, Kurt Cobain is on the list of great guitarist?

Watching this video makes my head explode! Andy is so good, it is a shame the music world is more about pushing bands like KISS on us than actual musicians like Andy. I guess it could be a right side, left side of the brain circumstance where we get pleasure and pain. Some people's brains explode hearing Andy play. They hate Andy as much as we love him, Kurt blows him away in their minds.

Have you listened to the radio lately? "Today's classic rock" and on comes that old favorite crap song you've heard repeatedly throughout your life. No new music in 20 years, if it wasn't a hit before 2000, fuggetabout it, ain't happening, they/them said no more new music.

"Hello and welcome to WACDC, all the shitty AC/DC songs, all day long!"

Thank God for the interwebs, and thank you to Chris for posting this Timmons video. I don't have to watch or listen to ACDC or KISS and can watch Timmons, etc. in my spare time.
Great points, I can hang with ac dc but i am sooo sick of hearing g n r over and over. Epic 1sr album but man let up

Andy is in my top 5 for sure mixing Satch with Vai but without the alien crap. He has his own style that is amazing too:giggle:

Great points, I can hang with ac dc but i am sooo sick of hearing g n r over and over. Epic 1sr album but man let up

Andy is in my top 5 for sure mixing Satch with Vai but without the alien crap. He has his own style that is amazing too:giggle:

I wish they'd simply play OTHER songs as well from those albums by those bands. Just mix it up a little.

I'm lucky to have an incredibly awesome local classic rock station - they've always mixed in great deep cuts along with the "famous" stuff

I wish they'd simply play OTHER songs as well from those albums by those bands. Just mix it up a little.
right? the idea that we have to exclude one artist in order to hear another is kinda weird. I listened to acdc and danger danger back then, and now, without issues :dunno:

He’s a cool local guy and you’ll see him in the local shops every now and then. He has a few things listed on the local Facebook buy/sell groups.
Yeah Andy is such a good dude. Back in the day when I was playing full time and had an endorsement deal he’d always come jam with me at our booth at the guitar shows. He had no obligation other than he’s just a nice guy. RIDICULOUSLY talented player.

I owe my playing guitar again to Andy. Met him at a MESA clinic in 2005 and he encouraged me to play again. I was was just about to throw in the towel and stop playing altogether, but I listened to him instead. I love his phrasing and tone. I try to play with his melodicism.. he is a true gentleman and player's player...

Back