Andy Wood Signature Modern

Ed Yoon

The long-awaited Andy Wood Signature Modern is finally in Andy's hands and here are the official photos of this super versatile axe that reflects who Andy is as a player and an exciting up-and-coming rock virtuoso.

I'll start working on a page on the Suhr site for this model real soon. It's essentially based on his first Custom Inferno Burst Modern and we've now included the Sperzel D-Thing for instant Drop-D tuning as a standard feature on this model.

Sperzel does not offer the D-Thing at wholesale price to manufacturers, so we have to get it at retail price and will not offer this option on other Custom models unless you buy it from a retail store and send it in to us. The cost of the D-Thing is included in the cost of this model but we will not offer it as a standard custom option on our price list.

We're very excited about this new Signature Modern to go along with the very popular Guthrie Signature Moderns. Let 'er rip, Andy! :D

http://gallery.me.com/suhrguitars#101649

Congratulations, looks killer! Now we need the Pete Thorn signature!!!

One question, can the guitar be ordered without the D-thing? Or at least have it shipped with it but not installed?

Nico":2iq5p2xy said:

One question, can the guitar be ordered without the D-thing? Or at least have it shipped with it but not installed?

The D-Thing is included in the price of the guitar and we'd really rather not make changes to Signature Model guitars because that wouldn't make it a Signature Model guitar anymore.

Nico":1zm7lohn said:

Leave it on! ;) in all honesty it's really really awesome! And works great! Drop tuning is a breeze!

I'm honored to be apart of the suhr family and I do hope the guitar is a success, I know it rocks for me :D

A Wood

van hellion":jinbx7rq said:
Nico":jinbx7rq said:

Leave it on! ;) in all honesty it's really really awesome! And works great! Drop tuning is a breeze!

I'm honored to be apart of the suhr family and I do hope the guitar is a success, I know it rocks for me :D

A Wood

Looks really sweet, I love the top! Congrats on the Guitar Andy

Regarding the D thing is not something I would use, and I really don't like too much the way it looks, so that is why I was wondering....

Is the back of the trem sitting on the body for this D thing to work? I assume the trem can not be floating?

RG955TT":3n89xung said:
Is the back of the trem sitting on the body for this D thing to work? I assume the trem can not be floating?

The bridge is blocked in the trem cavity.

Nico":sjfok9b2 said:
van hellion":sjfok9b2 said:
Nico":sjfok9b2 said:

A Wood

Regarding the D thing is not something I would use, and I really don't like too much the way it looks, so that is why I was wondering....

you gotta try the drop d tunings :D all the cool kids are doing it!! give it a whirl on some EVH unchained riffage, then flick of the tuning key back to standard!! as you can tell im a fan of the idea! i even figured out a way to use it mid song, be playing a country brent mason type of thing and end the lick on a low e then flick the tuner and bam you get your flat 7, flick back up and back to root, all mid lick!

and yeah it doesnt work if the trem floats, but i use it against the body like evh,timmons etc. it makes sense for me that way as i still can hit up my pedal steel wanna be licks and they are still in tune. i might be crazy but i feel more resonance in the guitar this way as well. but like i said i could be crazy.

A Wood

YO Congrats on the Sig model-- It is exacylt what I was looking at getting___ (I did not know the d thing exists) but I play in drop d 95% of the time thanks! Now comes practicing haah ha cheers you rip dude j

van hellion":238xi5pl said:
Nico":238xi5pl said:
van hellion":238xi5pl said:
Nico":238xi5pl said:

A Wood

you gotta try the drop d tunings :D all the cool kids are doing it!! give it a whirl on some EVH unchained riffage, then flick of the tuning key back to standard!! as you can tell im a fan of the idea! i even figured out a way to use it mid song, be playing a country brent mason type of thing and end the lick on a low e then flick the tuner and bam you get your flat 7, flick back up and back to root, all mid lick!

and yeah it doesnt work if the trem floats, but i use it against the body like evh,timmons etc. it makes sense for me that way as i still can hit up my pedal steel wanna be licks and they are still in tune. i might be crazy but i feel more resonance in the guitar this way as well. but like i said i could be crazy.

A Wood

Ed Yoon":1nfmyiza said:
Nico":1nfmyiza said:

The D-Thing is included in the price of the guitar and we'd really rather not make changes to Signature Model guitars because that wouldn't make it a Signature Model guitar anymore.

Does not mean You will not make an A wood with a thicker Neck?

j

Back