Another masterpiece from Hermansson

gybe!

Just received another rebuild from Henric; dual channel 5 and 3 gain stage with all the bells and whistles into a ‘74 Marshall. Simply amazing.

I now have 8 total channels of his work (had 11), so I think it’s safe to say I’m a big fan

Attachments

• CF80FAA9-2012-4606-B4F9-FBF4B7B01C9F.jpeg
    CF80FAA9-2012-4606-B4F9-FBF4B7B01C9F.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 47
  • 491A34EB-0025-4C71-93D5-6DE93DCFBB4C.jpeg
    491A34EB-0025-4C71-93D5-6DE93DCFBB4C.jpeg
    290.7 KB · Views: 42
Sounds really stiff and dry
All depends on how you dial it. It is definitely on the tighter side, but perfectly capable of Snorkler/AIC territor. Super easy to play as well, so in the room saturation is no problem

Sounds really stiff and dry
I see what you mean, but somehow I get the sense that it would be an amp that’s more forgiving/easy to play from all that compression/less full frequency/nuance type sound. To me it sounds like his other clips, but sounds like it’s an iPhone clip. Would be nice to hear some decent quality recording of a Hermansson to get a better idea. I do like the tightness and fast response they seem like they have. Would be interesting how they’d compare to the Monomyth mods. The Monomyth’s I’ve had were also very tight, fast and compressed

The way I set my Hermansson up would be unforgiving for many . But that’s how I like my rhythm tone . It’s still rich but super tight .It can be set up more juicy and vh 1 like . But I do think most of us who do get it go for super super tight .

I see what you mean, but somehow I get the sense that it would be an amp that’s more forgiving/easy to play from all that compression/less full frequency/nuance type sound. To me it sounds like his other clips, but sounds like it’s an iPhone clip. Would be nice to hear some decent quality recording of a Hermansson to get a better idea. I do like the tightness and fast response they seem like they have. Would be interesting how they’d compare to the Monomyth mods. The Monomyth’s I’ve had were also very tight, fast and compressed

my monomyth origin and my hermansson are nothing alike, the monomyth is closest to my cameron with that smooth and balanced kind of hifi thing going on with the bouncy feel, the hermansson is more open and abrasive and has the most immediate attack of any amp ive played, SS amps included. the hermansson really has its own thing going on compared to my other amps thats hard to describe. heres a metallica clip i made a while back, i forgot what i used exactly but this sounds ripping.

https://app.box.com/embed/s/zgaebvzm5vfjic3lvmmohl5arzgv02us
guitars only

https://app.box.com/embed/s/dj7vf5jpmale1bqa4laxoyxougcr0ete

my monomyth origin and my hermansson are nothing alike, the monomyth is closest to my cameron with that smooth and balanced kind of hifi thing going on with the bouncy feel, the hermansson is more open and abrasive and has the most immediate attack of any amp ive played, SS amps included. the hermansson really has its own thing going on compared to my other amps thats hard to describe. heres a metallica clip i made a while back, i forgot what i used exactly but this sounds ripping.

guitars only

Sounds good and more informative than the iPhone clips. What's the donor amp to your Hermansson mod? I never tried a Monomyth Origin, but had 2 Monomyth modded Marshalls (1982 JCM800 2204 & JMP2203 donor amps) and I wouldn't at all call them smooth or hi-fi. They were gritty, aggressive and sizzly, but compressed like you said. I remember the '82 being in a similar-ish ballpark to that clip, but more compressed and gritty. This is a clip of it (more mods were added to it from when I owned it in the clip)

guitars only

Clip sounds great, man. That’s a killer old school thrash tone. 🤘

Just received another rebuild from Henric; dual channel 5 and 3 gain stage with all the bells and whistles into a ‘74 Marshall. Simply amazing.

I now have 8 total channels of his work (had 11), so I think it’s safe to say I’m a big fan

I've watched that video and I think it sounds phenomenal!
My 5 Gain Stage is the only high gain amp that I like as much as my Cameron and Larry amps, with my Mesa 2c+ as a close second.
Everything else high gain that I tried didn't make me as happy.
Congrats on your amp, that thing is a beast!!!

My 5 Gain Stage is the only high gain amp that I like as much as my Cameron and Larry amps, with my Mesa 2c+ as a close second.
Let them hate so I can buy the rest of his amps lol

Thanks!
I would say the only other high gain amp I would even be interested in at this stage is a Larry.
Between the three Hermanssons and the Cameron overhauled ecstasy, I am pretty covered and don’t even have the desire to wait on ordering a Dino. I would buy one of it came on the market, but that’s about it!

Sounds good and more informative than the iPhone clips. What's the donor amp to your Hermansson mod? I never tried a Monomyth Origin, but had 2 Monomyth modded Marshalls (1982 JCM800 2204 & JMP2203 donor amps) and I wouldn't at all call them smooth or hi-fi. They were gritty, aggressive and sizzly, but compressed like you said. I remember the '82 being in a similar-ish ballpark to that clip, but more compressed and gritty. This is a clip of it (more mods were added to it from when I owned it in the clip)

this is my amp, its a carlsbro 60 from the 60s. theres a little switch that is the mid switch you can see he changes, he starts in the middle, goes up to the high mid then to low mid when you see him switch. between that switch, the tightness and punch knobs you can get all sorts of tones going.

that monomyth clip is much grittier than my origin is, but like the hermansson the origin has a three way tone switch and a couple push pull knobs so theres tones of tonal options.

found this clip of firejacks marshall, this sounds killer

Back