Any tone talk watchers?

Remember his reaction a while back, when a commenter asked him what Dave's dick tastes like ?

:ROFLMAO:

No I never saw it, but now I wanna find it lmfao

It's just rough listening to a podcast where there's such an imbalance of knowledge - it would be better if it was a better musician hosting with dave i suppose

Huzansky or however you spell it isn't much of a guitar player (or drummer for that matter) so it's irritating to listen to - every big guest, there's a million poignant or relevant questions to ask, and hes always doing the "UHHHH UMMM YEAH MAN I PLAYED GUITAR ONCE LOL *cringy awkward 4 minute pause* DO YOU PLAY GUITAR TOO FAMOUS GUITARIST GUY?" or "HEY FAMOUS AMP MAKER IVE PLAYED YOUR AMP BEFORE ITS PRETTY GOOD. *awkward cringy 4 minute pause* SO LIKE, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR BALLS MIKE SOLDANO, SINCE I CAN'T BE FUCKED TO DO ANY RESEARCH ABOUT THE GUESTS"

Plus his personal social media is fucking terminal politics cancer ALA Pete Thorn or Skolnick

It's just rough listening to a podcast where there's such an imbalance of knowledge - it would be better if it was a better musician hosting with dave i suppose

Huzansky or however you spell it isn't much of a guitar player (or drummer for that matter) so it's irritating to listen to - every big guest, there's a million poignant or relevant questions to ask, and hes always doing the "UHHHH UMMM YEAH MAN I PLAYED GUITAR ONCE LOL *cringy awkward 4 minute pause* DO YOU PLAY GUITAR TOO FAMOUS GUITARIST GUY?" or "HEY FAMOUS AMP MAKER IVE PLAYED YOUR AMP BEFORE ITS PRETTY GOOD. *awkward cringy 4 minute pause* SO LIKE, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR BALLS MIKE SOLDANO, SINCE I CAN'T BE FUCKED TO DO ANY RESEARCH ABOUT THE GUESTS"

Plus his personal social media is fucking terminal politics cancer ALA Pete Thorn or Skolnick
All I remember is that is was at the very end of the episode.

I'd bet $100 they edited that out of the video by now. :ROFLMAO:

Huzansky's reaction.. plus Dave, then asking him, "What'd he say ?" and then Marc goes, "I'll tell ya later." was worth the price of admission.

All I remember is that is was at the very end of the episode.

I'd bet $100 they edited that out of the video by now. :ROFLMAO:

Huzansky's reaction.. plus Dave, then asking him, "What'd he say ?" and then Marc goes, "I'll tell ya later." was worth the price of admission.

Someone, somewhere, has a screen shot lmfao

I don't have any issue with dave, his amps aren't really for me (i think the dirty shirley sounds good though)

Tone Talk seems like a good idea that could have been a GREAT idea though, if they had the right kind of questions and research from the host

Someone, somewhere, has a screen shot lmfao

I don't have any issue with dave, his amps aren't really for me (i think the dirty shirley sounds good though)

Tone Talk seems like a good idea that could have been a GREAT idea though, if they had the right kind of questions and research from the host
Huzansky monitors the live stream chat, while Dave just pounds booze and answers questions..

I imagine the only people who saw the comment were those of us watching the live stream, in real-time.

That's why Dave asked him what was said that set him off like that.

Huzansky monitors the live stream chat, while Dave just pounds booze and answers questions..

I imagine the only people who saw the comment were those of us watching the live stream, in real-time.

That's why Dave asked him what was said that set him off like that.
Yeah that's the problem.

If Huzansky realized the potential the idea has, he wouldn't just monitor the chat :dunno:

Some of the episodes have been ridiculously good.
(Jake E Lee when Dave and Jake were pretty hammered, the George Lynch episode, and the Jeff Pilson/George Lynch episode, the Bob Bradshaw episode, the ones with John Suhr)

I can't sit and watch them for the length of time they run, but I do download the podcasts and listen to them (when they actually get around to uploading to a podcast platform) while I work ... ..pretty good shit but yeah Marc is painful. That's why I prefer when Dave is on with Jason Tong on AmpChat

Yeah, they’re too long and they meander too much. I just don’t have the patience, waiting to see if something interesting will be said. Agree about the Mark/Marc? guy.

the premise is good but all of the previous comments are on point.

i made mention about ways to improve and better manage the structure of the show on another forum—MH should focus exclusively on managing the technical side, screen sharing to cutaway to product images, superchats and live comments. that would allow him just enough room to add to the conversation here and there with his basic average consumer pov.

bring in a reoccurring roster of co-hosts with more presence and musical industry inside knowledge and experience (like Luke, Suhr, Phil X, James Santiago) to balance out the one sided “Dave’s always right” vibe, and encourage guests to share live audio examples of gear and performances when possible. MH jumped on the thread and got defensive towards me about how hard he worked, missing the point entirely.

granted he likely had no idea i had a 25 yr career in broadcast tv camera operation, directing and producing but he still overreacted because i must have hurt his feelings.

this 2-3 hrs standard is way too long imo even for the most compelling television program. i can barely make it past the awkward kneejerk “how’s it going there?” intro to EVERY video.

instead, welcome audience, introduce yourselves, tease show/guest, plug sponsors, hit guest bio intro, and ACTION.
one hour is plenty.

Rule 101-If you want to sell a product don't insert politics....Your going to piss off 50% of potential customers.

Love it, and at times can be very informative.

However, I can only watch it in about 30 minute increments, due to the disjunct production.

I’m never going to bitch about healthy and abundant gear discussion, I would have killed for shit like ToneTalk when I was in high school and now it serves as background noise when I’m in the studio. I’m a gear nerd, those 4 hour shows allow for trivia or stories that a condensed 1-hour episode wouldn’t allow for. I think Marc helps keep the show from getting too technical when some amp guys are on and them and Friedman are nerding out on pot values for 45 minutes and bringing it back to something casual listeners might want to hear more.

Mixed review. But I’ll give it a solid 8 1/2 out of 10.

I appreciate the show. Probably streamed 80%. Lawn mowing/airplanes/noise canceling headphones. Listened to the suhr episodes several times. Purchased a shirt and one of the cables, a few super chats.

Know for certain that I’m not aligned on vaccines or politics, after my dad died (pulmonary embolism within 3 weeks of a Pfizer ‘safe and effective’) listening to them talk about vaccine passports got under my skin.

That said, I love the free resource that it is. I listen often.

I’ll never understand why people bitch and bitch and bitch about free resources on the Internet.

I don’t care that Marc is not an expert on everything. The guy makes the show work and it wouldn’t exist without him. I don’t care that he’s a liberal. Nowadays, conservatives tend to be more open-minded than what has become a Marxist group think circle jerk anyways so maybe it doesn’t rub me the wrong way.

I’ve learned a ton about gear or just cool rock history and will continue to tune in.

For marketing: I own more Friedman stuff and suhr gear then I ever thought I would as a result of these shows. Thinking about a Fryette. Loved when soldano was on and eventually bought an SLO 30 to replace my soldano I sold for a band saw back in the day.

While I’ve built guitars and would put my stuff up against anyone’s instruments, I went back to a career since I’d like to retire someday. Though when I buy gear, I’ve gravitated towards some of the products that I’ve learned about on that show, because it’s sometimes a platform where you can hear from a manufacturer directly or learn about what into something before it hit production.

If you’re into gear, it’s a pretty invaluable show. What is there not like? It’s free! Tune in or tune out, why don’t bitch about free shit!

Back