Any tone talk watchers?

If you don’t bitch about these things they never get better. It may be free to us but it’s another source of revenue to them. Tone Talk could be a lot better. People bitch because they WANT to like it. If we didn't give a shit, I wouldn’t give it a second look and certainly wouldn’t post in this thread either.

I always enjoy it. Love to put it on while I'm playing guitar or working around the studio. I think Mark does a good job as a moderator. There's usually some good nuggets to learn from either stories or technical things.

Two thumbs up in my book.

The amount of criticism of a guy who does this shit just for fun is insane. Rarely catch it live but usually listen to the replays in the shower or something.

Been waiting for Shae to go on, loved learning more about my SK.

No I never saw it, but now I wanna find it lmfao

It's just rough listening to a podcast where there's such an imbalance of knowledge - it would be better if it was a better musician hosting with dave i suppose

Huzansky or however you spell it isn't much of a guitar player (or drummer for that matter) so it's irritating to listen to - every big guest, there's a million poignant or relevant questions to ask, and hes always doing the "UHHHH UMMM YEAH MAN I PLAYED GUITAR ONCE LOL *cringy awkward 4 minute pause* DO YOU PLAY GUITAR TOO FAMOUS GUITARIST GUY?" or "HEY FAMOUS AMP MAKER IVE PLAYED YOUR AMP BEFORE ITS PRETTY GOOD. *awkward cringy 4 minute pause* SO LIKE, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR BALLS MIKE SOLDANO, SINCE I CAN'T BE FUCKED TO DO ANY RESEARCH ABOUT THE GUESTS"

Plus his personal social media is fucking terminal politics cancer ALA Pete Thorn or Skolnick
nailed it .............

You could see how uneasy shae became when discussing the circuitry in his mod... dave was trying to get it out of him but he tried to skirt around specifics..lol basically the blood switch is an afd switch lol

You could see how uneasy shae became when discussing the circuitry in his mod... dave was trying to get it out of him but he tried to skirt around specifics..lol basically the blood switch is an afd switch lol

That was hilarious with Shea trying to be coy and Dave literally guessing the circuit layouts and Shea confirming them. There is really nothing new going on in this kind of circuit.

I will say the SK is a great sounding amp, I've got one of the new ones

I’m never going to bitch about healthy and abundant gear discussion, I would have killed for shit like ToneTalk when I was in high school and now it serves as background noise when I’m in the studio. I’m a gear nerd, those 4 hour shows allow for trivia or stories that a condensed 1-hour episode wouldn’t allow for. I think Marc helps keep the show from getting too technical when some amp guys are on and them and Friedman are nerding out on pot values for 45 minutes and bringing it back to something casual listeners might want to hear more.
I think Friedman is Super Kool talked to him once on the phone.Having him host a Headbangers ball would be Epic loved thatshow

I see what you guys are saying, Mark clearly isn't an amp builder or anything but he probably does all the leg work of getting the show together.

I have no idea what they're talking about when they get deep into schematics and what not but it is definitely cool information to soak in. Love talking about amps so the reason I watch it is because of Dave Friedman. But some of the guests they have on are really awesome. They should interview zalk wyld, idk if they have or not.

I think it’s a great show/source for knowledge and insight on gear, tone, music etc.

However, it does drag on from time to time. And they have big corporate sponsors sometimes—I’m not down with that. But it’s not a huge deal. And they have “smaller” DIY guys on the show, that’s awesome.

What were yallz favorite episodes?

I sometimes have the show play in the background on double speed lol (they’re so long), but even with such cool guests that sometimes come on, I don’t know what it is, it just is somehow not that entertaining. I sometimes watch similarly long podcasts that have nothing to do with music yet somehow they hold my attention way better

One thing that I think could help is if they can put more effort to explain some of the technical stuff in a way layman can more easily follow and if for each technical thing they explain make it as clear as possible how each part translates when it actually comes to sound

If you don’t bitch about these things they never get better. It may be free to us but it’s another source of revenue to them. Tone Talk could be a lot better. People bitch because they WANT to like it. If we didn't give a shit, I wouldn’t give it a second look and certainly wouldn’t post in this thread either.

Yep, this exactly. We want to like it, and the concept is great. The implementation could just use some work.

I remember one time the Sloclone forum dude made fun of RT and so did a couple in chat . I was like I love that place and they kinda shut up

I gotta say: I think it’s so incredibly cool that guys like Dave F., Josh from JHS etc have podcasts where they actually have their “competitors” on as guests, and tout their products. (You don’t see Nike or Coca Cola praising Reebok or Pepsi on any podcast, or anywhere else!)

In these times, with malignant capitalism running rampant, I’m so fucking stoked to see music gear industry guys sharing and praising the work of their peers. All just because they love what they do, and they love tone. It’s flat-out uplifting and inspiring.

I’d love to see Greg Germino, David Bray, Glen Morris on TT. Or have they been on and I missed them?

I listen pretty much every morning while on the treadmill before work.
I enjoy it quite a bit.

Actually, the Metro 18 watt TMB I built is with Dave F now getting mods.
I built a really nice amp, but Dave is going to help the tone...

That was hilarious with Shea trying to be coy and Dave literally guessing the circuit layouts and Shea confirming them. There is really nothing new going on in this kind of circuit.

I will say the SK is a great sounding amp, I've got one of the new ones
It was funny, he's been inside my amps before and already knew what was going on. Im the only one using bypassed cold clippers in high gain circuits in current times, its a huge part of my tone.

It was funny, he's been inside my amps before and already knew what was going on. Im the only one using bypassed cold clippers in high gain circuits in current times, its a huge part of my tone.

I haven't traced the circuit yet so I'll take your word for it, but I am loving the amp.

Back