Anybody try one of these? Seismic 4x12

don't but the seismic 2x12 luke is pretty decent, pretty much a avatar 2x12 rip
I have one of these with V30s, their oversized 212 cabs, and I like it. The wood is thinner than normal (1/2" vs 3/4"), but it is lighter and sounds like an oversized cabinet. I recently rearranged my gear because I prefered it over a Peavey Slant 412. I am thinking about grabbing another.

I have one of these with V30s, their oversized 212 cabs, and I like it. The wood is thinner than normal (1/2" vs 3/4"), but it is lighter and sounds like an oversized cabinet. I recently rearranged my gear because I prefered it over a Peavey Slant 412. I am thinking about grabbing another.
yeah i owned two when i had mine

decent enough stuff

I've looked at them a time or two, but ultimately decided they weren't worth it. It's lower quality ply or MDF and the baffle isn't full 3/4".

I think you'd be better off grabbing an inexpensive pawn shop or GC 412 find and dropping some good used Celestions in it.

I've looked at them a time or two, but ultimately decided they weren't worth it. It's lower quality ply or MDF and the baffle isn't full 3/4".

I think you'd be better off grabbing an inexpensive pawn shop or GC 412 find and dropping some good used Celestions in it.
That’s what I did - bought a used H&K 412 dovetailed birch ply cab from Guitar Center for $125, shipped to me for $25, installed better speakers, sounds awesome.

Do they make a straight cab ?

don't but the seismic 2x12 luke is pretty decent, pretty much a avatar 2x12 rip
I would not go that far. Avatars are 3/4" vs the Seismic at 1/2", and I'm sure everything else is a step down also.
Having said that it does look like their "luke" is a good value option and decent enough for a first cab, especially if it is for home use.

I would not go that far. Avatars are 3/4" vs the Seismic at 1/2", and I'm sure everything else is a step down also.
Having said that it does look like their "luke" is a good value option and decent enough for a first cab, especially if it is for home use.
I’m using one of the Luke contemporary 2x12s and I really think it’s a great value, I blew my wad on the Diezel so had to compromise on cab… though I don’t think I did anymore.

Back